Kit of items to get your treadle sewing machine into working order. This makes a great gift for someone with a foot powered machine.
1. My 60 page book Treadle Sewing Machines Clean and Use an Iron Lady, second edition, has many clear illustrations and photos. Gain the confidence to get your treadle in working order to glide as they should. Learn this and more: Needles Types of machines and shuttles Parts and descriptions Cleaning, don't destroy gold decals Supplies and tips Oiling and lubricating Tension and pressure Installing a leather belt Threading How to treadle Resources
2. Imported leather treadle sewing machine belt with clip, comes in one size, fit to your machine. Belt is 3/16 inch in diameter and 72 inches long. Includes a page of instructions I wrote with tips and clear illustrations showing how to install. Leather belts are like leather shoes, they stretch and weaken over the years so start with a new belt. When a belt starts slipping it has stretched, it needs to be shortened to be snug again but not too tight or it makes it harder to treadle.
3. Two red spool pin felts for your machine, start fresh, they get dirty and compressed over the years. Red was the standard color for the vintage machines.
4. Oiler with high quality clear sewing machine oil, oiler has a thin brass tube and cap that screws in place. Tube end dispenses a drop at a time and is thin enough to get into tight spots. Oiler can be refilled, always use clear good quality sewing machine oil.
5. The double end lint brush is used to flick out lint and dust from machine before you oil it. The round brush end works well to clean lint from the feed dog.
6. For fun you get an official “Treadle Lady Driver License.” For years I have said, "Treadles are like classic cars, take them for a Sunday drive." Yes, I drive my treadles! The proof is on YouTube. Oh, what a girl can do with a goofy idea, iMovie and her MacBook.
Other photos of my nicknamed machines are, Twiggy my 1917 White Rotary, photo of 4 from 1886 to 1930s are Grizelda the Black Widow, Her Majesty, Bertha and Davis. The last photo is a Singer 216G made in Germany from about 1958 to 1960 and looks like a military uniform so he was nicknamed G.I. Elvis! Elvis was in Germany in the Army during that time.
Arrived safely and quickly! Great communication! Thanks!
Mar 12, 2018 by Maria Costa
Exactly what I needed to get grandma’s treadle sewing machine purring.
Mar 6, 2018 by marek3
Everything exactly as expected, I'm so pleased - and especially pleased at how well it was packed! We were in the middle of a raging snowstorm when it was delivered, and my mailman left our mailbox open - the package was buried in snow, but dry as a bone! Thank you so much!!!!
Mar 3, 2018 by alliesweethappylife
-----Haven't used these items yet. Could place to purchase vintage parts. Good service and excellent advice .
Feb 6, 2018 by Judy Rumbaugh
Great grouping to care for my newly acquired antique treadle machine. Will gladly shop here again.
Any item that must be made may take several days before shipping, depends on my schedule.
Shipping is by USPS first class with tracking. On occasion a package can get delayed somewhere along the way. If your package does not arrive in a timely manner send me a message but we must wait 30 days.
I ship to the address that comes through your payment, Paypal or Etsy so please be sure it is correct.
For international mail the buyer is responsible for customs or other fees charged. There is no insurance and I cannot be responsible if your order does not arrive but I will send you a copy of the shipping info.
Direct payment or Paypal with a debit or credit card, you can pay even without a Paypal account.
California buyers will be charged sales tax.
Returns & exchanges
Refunds within 7 days, you must return items in original condition, return with tracking. Once received refund will be made for item only, no refund for shipping. No refunds for books, prints or artwork.