This is a digital file
Sew an animal rattle for a special baby and you're sure to get a big hug! This PDF sewing pattern will show you have to make these super soft, adorable animal rattles! You get all three patterns in one: a bear, a bunny, and a puppy! The ring shaped body of these rattles makes them easy for baby to grasp and hold and the rattle inside the head keeps baby's attention. I'm a mom of three little girls and I know from experience that babies love these rattles!
This listing is for a digital PDF sewing pattern. It will be emailed to you immediately after purchase.
Need a rattle insert? I sell them in packs of three in this listing right here: https://www.etsystudio.com/listing/103111487/3-pack-of-rattle-inserts
For three more styles see my first set of Animal Rattles patterns: https://www.etsystudio.com/listing/103111587/animal-rattles-to-sew-pdf-sewing-pattern
The finished rattle is 6 inches x 4 inches and is machine washable.
Step-by-step photos and clear written directions help you each step of the way. You'll be able to make this sweet handmade baby gift with ease!
I sew these rattle with either fleece or cuddle fabrics like minky. You'll need less than 1/4 yard per rattle and will have some scraps leftover.
I like polyester fiberfill stuffing for baby toys because it's easy to find at fabric and craft stores, it's inexpensive and easy to work with, and it's machine washable.
To make these rattles you'll need basic sewing supplies such as a needle, all-purpose thread, pins, and scissors. I recommend machine sewing toys for babies for strong, sturdy seams, but careful hand-sewing is also an option.
The Animal Rattle pattern was designed by me, Abby Glassenberg, and is copyrighted 2012. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as you follow these regulations:
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.
Check out all my PDF patterns and kits for lots of other cute baby gifts to sew: http://www.etsy.com/shop/whileshenaps