Retro Bling, Color Engraving Print: 1927 Vintage Ad of Art Deco Rings, Dripping in Diamonds
1920s color engraving of vintage jewelry ad: a gaggle of diamond rings by the prestigious Hamilburg-Shaw jewelers. this 4-color print features 15 gorgeous, glittering Art Deco filigree rings surrounding an insert featuring an ornate Art Nouveau beauty dripping in diamonds & emeralds above a banner that reads, "Rings that are different." The rings are set against a peachy-gold background, framed with a lacy filigree border. Glitzy glamour presented in a plain black mat, ready to frame.
Taken from the first edition of “Achievements in Photo-Engraving and Letter-Press Printing,” a monumental & rare 1927 trade publication edited by Louis Flader and devoted to every aspect of the fascinating world of early 20th century American commercial printing & photo engraving.
Visible print area measures approx 8.5" x 10.5" [21.6cm by 26.7cm] and the matt is 14” high [35.5cm] by 11 inches wide [28cm]. Ready to frame and hang – would look fabulous in a simple black or silver frame, Art Deco or otherwise!
Condition is excellent; the details are exceptionally vivid, and print is free from stains, creases, folds, or holes (beyond stitch holes along left margin, not visible when matted). Reverse side features a 4-color ad of a Pittsburgh steel mill.
We sell only authentic antique & vintage photos, postcards, prints & posters – absolutely no reproductions! See our Vintage Prints & Posters section for an unique selection of mid-century and Art Deco paintings, lithographs, color engravings and pochoir prints:
Shipped in a plastic sleeve and flat mailer.
INTERNATIONAL SELLERS: We love to ship globally; please provide your address for an accurate quote of shipping costs. You must determine your own local customs fees or import taxes, if applicable.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
U.S. Shipments: We use USPS Priority, USPS Media Mail, FedEx Ground/Home Delivery or UPS Ground with delivery confirmation, but our domestic shipping costs are generally estimated for Flat Rate Priority shipping; insurance is included in your price.
International Shipments: We generally use USPS International First Class for packages up to 4lbs [1.81kg] and costing less than $50 - it's cheaper, but offers a Customs number instead of a tracking number; for packages over 4lbs [1.81kg], we use USPS Priority International, which offers tracking. Please contact us with your full address for an exact quote.
Shipping Estimates: If it costs more to ship your order than our estimate, we will cover the difference up to $10. If we underestimate your shipping costs by more than $10, then we'll contact you to work out a solution. Alternately, if we overestimate the cost by more than $2, we'll refund the entire overage.
Tracking numbers & shipping confirmation will be emailed to you once shipment has been made.
PLEASE NOTE: When using PayPal, we will ship only to PayPal confirmed addresses (usually the same address as on your credit card statements).
Please contact us if your package has not arrived after 5 days of the estimated arrival date in your Shipping Confirmation email.
We accept all major credit cards through Direct Checkout and PayPal. You can also use an eCheck or money from your bank account through PayPal (with or without creating a PayPal account). We also accept Etsy Gift Cards.
Immediate payment is required unless you contact us before making your purchase to discuss other arrangements.
:: PAYING IN INSTALLMENTS (LAYAWAY) ::
We offer Layaway payment programs to enable our customers to stay within their budgets AND to purchase something they love; please inquire if interested.
:: LAYAWAY TERMS ::
Once we come to an agreement with you about what amounts you can pay and when, we create a separate listing for each payment, and post in our RESERVED section with the payment dates that you choose. That way you just go through the regular Etsy purchase process on those dates.
1. The process begins with an initial payment to hold your purchase, usually 15%-20% for orders up to $500; orders over $500 require a down payment of 20%-30%. This and your future payments are considered deposits, only refundable if, after receiving the item, you find your item(s) significantly different than described and ask us to return it within a week of its arrival.
2. Please choose the dates on which you commit to making the payments. If you need help remembering, we can send you a reminder a day or so beforehand.
3. Please use the same payment method for all your installment payments (either PayPal or Etsy's direct checkout). That way there's no confusion about when payments are made or received. PayPal has an eCheck system that links directly to your bank account if you don't want to use a credit or debit card.
4. Please provide your phone number in the comments section of your first payment.
5. If you miss any payments by more than 2 days and 2 reminder emails, we take the item out of reserved status, and it becomes available for purchase by the general public. If someone else does purchase it, we will refund a portion of your payments to you (the total amount paid, less a 15% restocking fee, and up to $5 per installment to cover fees & labor).
6. We will ship upon receipt of the final payment.
:: WEDDING REGISTRY DISCOUNT PROGRAM ::
When you add an item to your Etsy Registry (or other online registries), the item is not actually reserved and could be purchased by someone else. We offer you the option of reserving any items in our shop for your guests to purchase, provided you commit to buying any leftover pieces at a discounted price (10% off for purchases up to $450; $15% off anything over that).
~ Items can be reserved for up to 3 months
~ Item reservations totaling between $500-$999 require a 20% deposit; over $1000 the deposit is 25%
~ You have up to 10 days after your wedding date to finalize any outstanding purchases, after which we will refund any unused deposits. If no items remain for you to purchase, we will refund your deposit within 7 days of your wedding date.
:: SALES & DISCOUNTS ::
We offer a 10% discount to repeat customers, and of course, courtesy to the trade; please use the following COUPON CODES during checkout:
* Returning Customers - 10% off every time you shop with us; use RETURNCUSTOMER10
* Current Etsy Sellers - 15% off anytime; use ETSYSELLER15 (Please note: you must have at least 15 items listed to be considered a current seller)
For more information on redeeming coupon codes, see:
Returns & exchanges
Vintage items are by nature old, and as such, are assumed to be in age-appropriate condition. We strive to describe all defects, flaws, or signs of age in great detail.
Please note: photographed colors will display differently on different devices. If exact color is important to you, please contact us before purchasing for additional photos.
If an item arrives damaged, please save all packing material & the original box, and send us with photos and description of the damage. We will handle any claims with the carrier.