This is a digital file
This listing is for a knitting PATTERN; NOT for a finished item. With this PDF you will be able to create the item shown in the photos.
Make a cute cabled front bonnet for yourself, your baby, toddler, or child, or as a present. Pattern features a cute cabled panel front, stockinette knit back, and i-cord or braided ties. Makes a great baby shower gift or photography prop.
Pattern is advanced beginner level. The knitter should be familiar with basic cables, picking up stitches, and knitting and purling. The back of the hat is finished with a 3 needle bind off but there is a page dedicated to a photo tutorial on how to do this (one of my test knitters didn't know how to do a 3 needle bind off and was able to learn with only my tutorial). I-cord ties are used but you can also substitute braided ties if for some reason you can not do this. Pattern is written in standard American English knitting terms. The pattern is color coordinated for sizes (for example, all newborn information is in red, toddler information is in green, etc) to assist the knitter in pattern creation.
Toddler (1-3 years)
Child (4-12 years)
Preteen/Adult (13+ years)
- Approximately 60(70,90,100,115,130) yards aran weight yarn (shown in Vanna’s Choice yarn in magenta, silver blue, and honey)
- One 16” 5.5mm circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge) for sizes Newborn & 3-6 months
- One 20” 5.5mm circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge) for sizes 6-12 months, Toddler, Child, and Preteen/Adult
- One cable needle, for cable pattern
- Tapestry Needle to sew yarn ends in
- Set of 5 DPNs, size 4.5mm (approximately 2 sizes smaller than other needles), for 3 needle bind off
- One pair of single pointed 5.5mm needles (or size needed to obtain gauge), optional
- 2 Stitch Holders, optional
This is an instant download. What this means is that after you have paid, you will be sent an email (to your registered Etsy email address) within a few minutes after paying. The email will have the download link in it and you will be able to download the pattern. If for some reason the link is not working for you please contact me via Etsy's conversation tool and I will fix the problem.
Unfortunately, I can not offer returns on patterns due to their nature. If you have any problems or questions about the pattern please contact me (again, through etsy's conversation's tool) and I will be glad to help you however I can.
Copyright 2012. Please do not distribute pattern, copy or rewrite pattern, or resell pattern. You may sell the FINISHED ITEM that this pattern creates but if you sell on etsy then please credit me with a link to my etsy shop. I just ask that you make the items from your home and that they are not mass produced (ie: no factory or corporate production). Please do not use my photographs as they are copyright to the photographer.