This is a digital file
This Lesson is about learning the basics of creating jewelry with wire, using the versatile Herringbone Weave Technique; therefore, this tutorial is a “Must Have” for every Beginner Student!
You will learn:
- The Herringbone Weave Technique
- How to transform a herringbone weave framing your beads into lovely, innovative, gorgeous looking little “cages” showcasing your beads also how to link beads together in order to make earrings, bracelets and necklaces.
- How to straighten your wires before using them
- How to make your own eye pins (headpins with a loop at one end)
- How to open and close a jump ring properly so that to preserve its perfectly round shape
- How to attach a “caged” bead to an ear wire
- How to attach a clasp and an extender chain to a bracelet (it works just the same for necklaces)
- How to size your bracelets
However, as you will see in the materials list, the designs being rather versatile, one may opt to replace the materials and/or colors I used for these designs with those fitting best to one’s taste.
Once you have learned the Herringbone Weave Technique, it just rests with your imagination to make these designs your own.
As for the wires, again you have a wide range of options to choose from silver, silvery, golden, bronze to copper, the only thing you have to stick to being the given wire’s lengths and gauges.
The jewelry designs that you see pictured here, will be used to demonstrate the practical applications of the technique. You will be guided from A to Z throughout entire process of modeling these designs, as full instructions on how to create each of them are given.
The tutorial is jam-packed with information, tips, advices on “how to”, troubleshooting and even a Bracelet Size Guide, all these supported by 93 clear, full color pictures (mainly close-ups) with relevant, detailed instructions given right beside them, spread along 7 main steps, within 30 pages. I would suggest reading it on the computer and then pick out the pages that you want to print to have at hand while following along.
I am always available via email to answer any questions about the tutorial.
Materials YOU WILL NEED:
• 2 faceted gemstone beads of 12 mm diameter - any color that pleases you or, any beads, pearls, crystals of maximum 12 mm – your option
• 5 agate beads of 10 mm diameter - any color that pleases you or, any beads, pearls, crystals of maximum 10 mm (3/8”) – your option
• 6 agate beads of 10 mm diameter - any color that pleases you or, any beads, pearls, crystals of maximum 10 mm (3/8”) – your option
• 4 pieces of ear wires
• 65 cm (26”) of 20 ga (0.8 mm) half-hard silver plated round wire for making 13 loop head pins each of 5 cm (2”) or, 13 ready-made eye pins (loop head pins)
• 2.21 m (7 and ½ feet) of 22 ga (0.64 mm) half-hard silver plated round wire for wrapping the beads
• 9 jump rings of 0.4 mm or 0.5 mm plus few ‘extra’ just in case they might get “crooked”
• 1 piece Lobster (Dolphin) clasp (size 10 or 12 mm) – or, delicate toggle clasp – your option
• 5 cm (2”) ready-made silvery chain as extender chain for the bracelet
Tools YOU WILL NEED:
• Round-nose pliers
• Bent chain-nose pliers
• Flat-nose pliers
• Nylon Jaw Flat-nose pliers
• Flush cutter pliers (any wire cutter would do)
• Ruler (not shown)
• Fine line permanent marker (not shown)
Please carefully read all tutorial pages before starting to make your own beautiful jewelries!!!
The dimensions given in Imperial System are approximate!!!
I hope you will enjoy the lesson.
Thank You for visiting my shop! :)
You might also like
More from this seller
● Payment Methods
I accept PayPal and credit/debit card payments via PayPal.
● How To Pay
PayPal is the safest and fastest way to place your order.
You do not need a PayPal account to pay with a credit card via PayPal; simply select an item to purchase, click the 'PayPal' option at checkout, submit your order, and then click the ‘Pay Now’ button. Then, scroll down until you see the option to pay with your Credit/Debit card Without having to open a PayPal account. Please click here for a step by step guide: http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/how-to-pay-with-a-credit-card-and-create-a-paypal-account-746/
Returns & exchanges
••• If for some reason you are not happy with a non-custom design you purchased from me, contact me within 7 days of receiving your item to inform me that you wish to cancel the sale for a full refund, and explain your reason for doing so.
• If you request a refund, this will be done via the method that was used for the original transaction, i.e. PayPal. Kindly note that only the item’s price is refunded in full. The Shipping Costs ARE NOT refundable.
• You may return the item within 30 days, as long as it is in the new condition (UNWORN!) in which you received it, and in its original packaging.
Kindly note that the shipping costs of returning the item to me would be your responsibility.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the item is safely returned, by insured or trackable delivery methods, in order to receive a full refund.
••• I cannot offer refunds on Custom Orders. However, I want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase, and should I have made an error, I am more than happy to provide you with store credit or to recreate the piece.
••• I am not responsible for any lost items in the mail. This is the reason for which I have decided to ship all my items WITH Tracking Number included.
NO refunds are offered for lost items in the mail, EXCEPT FOR the case in which they get lost in my neck of the woods.
••• I DO NOT offer refunds for items being returned to me due to parcels remained unclaimed at your local post offices.
It is Buyers responsibility to pick up their parcels or arrange redelivery of their items with their national carrier.
● DIGITAL ITEM REFUND:
All my Tutorials are Digital Items - PDF Files. Except for the case in which they have not yet been viewed or downloaded to your computer, they cannot be refunded.
● TUTORIAL POLICY:
♥ You may use the information in the Tutorials to learn techniques on how to make jewelry with wire also to create the jewelry in the tutorial wherein one or more of my Original designs are taught.
♥ You are encouraged to create new designs using the techniques learned from my tutorials.
♥ You may sell the jewelry pieces made from these tutorials provided they were made only by You, and not by your helpers or employees. I would be grateful if you would give credit to Alina Panduru in any jewelry you make following or inspired by any of my tutorials and, whenever possible and if selling online, pretty please include a link to my tutorial or to my shop:
Do Not mass-produce!
••• You may not duplicate, reproduce, share with others, lend or sell the written instructions or photos in any of my Tutorials without my written permission.
••• You may not create tutorials or written instructions on my Original designs even if you have written your own text and photographed your own images.
••• You may not teach the designs in my tutorials or any part thereof in a live class or other venue without prior written permission. If you are granted permission to use the tutorial/tutorials in your classroom, you must use it as is, and you must purchase a tutorial per student. Contact me through Etsy to obtain written permission.
For further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me through Etsy. You may rest assured that I will gladly assist you to the best of my abilities.