Knitting Pattern-Lace Neck Snuggle, knit lace scarf neck wrap pattern, Cascade Dolce, Kid Seta, PDF pattern
This is a digital file
This listing is for a PDF handknitting pattern.
This is another great skill-building design. I took an every-row lace edging stitch pattern, mirror-imaged it and then inserted knit (not purled) wrong-side rows, for a reversible garter stitch and lace fabric.
Samples are knit in Cascade Yarns Dolce, used double, and Kid Seta, used triple. Knitting with 3 strands of this yarn couldn't be easier. The kid mohair in the Kid Seta wants to cling to itself, so the strands work as one.
Whether chunky and casual or romantically light as air, this scarf can complement any outfit. So, knit it short and shirr it around your neck for some youthful style, or knit it long to wear traditionally wrapped - the wear options are yours
Shirred Scarf: approx 5-8.25" Wide x 44" Long
Straight Scarf: approx 3.25-7" Wide x 69" Long
Shirred Scarf: Cascade Yarns Dolce (used double), 55% superfine alpaca / 23% wool / 22% silk, 109 yd / 50 gr hank: 3 hanks #970 Mushroom (MC) and Cascade Yarns Cloud 9 (used double), 50% merino / 50% angora, approx 109 yd / 50 gr ball: 1 ball #101 Natural (CC)
Straight Scarf: Cascade Yarns Kid Seta, 70% superkid mohair / 30% silk, 230 yd / 25 gr ball: 2 balls #403 Aquamarine (MC)
Tapestry ndl, 2, 1"s wide silver filigree beads, from The Bead Emporium - optional, for shirred scarf, US size H (5 mm) and K (6.5 mm) crochet hooks (shirred scarf only)
Shirred / Straight Scarf: 12 / 13 sts and 16 / 16 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Stockinette with size 11 ndls or size to give gauge. To save time, take time to check gauge.
Blocked Motif Size:
Shirred / Straight Scarf: Each interior rep is approx 5 / 3.25" wide at its narrowest, 8.25 / 7" wide at its widest, and 6.5 / 8.25" long. The end reps are 8.5 / 10" long.
1) Yarns are held double for the Shirred Scarf and triple for the Straight Scarf, unless otherwise noted in pattern.
2) If making the Kid Seta (Straight) scarf and you've never knit lace before, practice with a smooth yarn which rips out easily.
Substitute Yarn Weight: Worsted Wt. (used double) or Bulky Wt. / Lace Wt. (used triple) or Sport Wt.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
You might also like
More from this seller
Paypal is happily accepted for all purchases!
Returns & exchanges
* PDF patterns are not returnable, nor refundable, after you have downloaded the pattern.
* IF you have purchased a pattern, in error, thinking it was a hand knit item, but have NOT yet downloaded it, contact me, and I'll refund the purchase cost.
I have carefully titled my patterns as patterns, so, please do take the time to read titles and descriptions – this will save you time and trouble.
* I want you to be happy with your purchase of hand spun yarn – if it displeases you, do contact me, so I can work to rectify it!
If you are experiencing a problem with a pattern, don't hesitate to email me at dawn [at] dawnbrocco.com.
Also see my main website at www.dawnbrocco.com