This is a digital file
This listing is for a knitting PATTERN; NOT for a finished item. With this PDF you will be able to create the item shown in the photos.
Make this cowl and headband/hat set for yourself, your child, or as a present. Also makes a great gift or sell what you make (see details below). Cowl features i-cord button holes and a braided cable design. Headband features a lovely cabled braid pattern and can be easily made into a beanie as well.
Pattern is advanced beginner level. The knitter must be able to make an icord and basic cables (there are no instructions for this so you must already know how to do this). Other than that it is very basic, there are basic increases (k1fb) and decreases (p2tog and k2tog) are used. Written in standard American English knitting terms. The pattern is color coordinated for sizes (for example, all toddler information is in red, adult information is in green, etc) to assist the knitter in pattern creation.
Toddler (1-3 years)
Child (4-10 years)
Teen/Adult (11+ years)
- For hat: Approximately 55(65,80) yards super bulky weight yarn (examples shown in Lion Brand’s Hometown USA yarn)
- For headband: Approximately 40(50,60) yards super bulky weight yarn (examples shown in Lion Brand’s Hometown USA yarn)
- For Cowl: Approximately 70(85,110) yards super bulky weight yarn (examples shown in Lion Brand’s Hometown USA yarn color Houston Cream and Minneapolis Purple)
- One 16” 8.0mm circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 4-5 DPNs 8.0mm (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- One set of straight needles size 8.0mm (or size needed to obtain gauge), optional
- For Cowl: Two 1.5 inch buttons, in style of choice
- Tapestry Needle to sew yarn ends in
- One Cable Needle, for cable pattern
- Two Stitch Holders, for icord button holes
This is an instant download. What this means is that after you have paid, you will be sent an email (to your registered Etsy email address) within a few minutes after paying. The email will have the download link in it and you will be able to download the pattern. If for some reason the link is not working for you please contact me via Etsy's conversation tool and I will fix the problem.
Unfortunately, I can not offer returns on patterns due to their nature. If you have any problems or questions about the pattern please contact me (again, through etsy's conversation's tool) and I will be glad to help you however I can.
Copyright 2013. Please do not distribute pattern, copy or rewrite pattern, or resell pattern. You may sell the FINISHED ITEM that this pattern creates but if you sell on etsy then please credit me with a link to my etsy shop. I just ask that you make the items from your home and that they are not mass produced (ie: no factory or corporate production). Please do not use my photographs as they are copyright to the photographer.