• ITEM: Rare Ancient Earthenware Pottery Sherd Pendant from the Hohokam (Those who have vanished) Culture c. 900-1100 AD, with certificate of authenticity.
♥ The pottery and their images were made many centuries ago and were recently discovered while digging a foundation for a house.
This incredible painted pottery features zoomorphic life-forms from the Hohokam Culture of the Santa Cruz Valley near Tucson AZ. These few samples are among some of the rarest sherds ever excavated. Only one in every thousand will have such interesting imagery.
These samples were legally collected by private land owner. Their quantities are limited and I was lucky to acquire these. These few samples may be the only ones I am ever able to obtain so if you see one you love--don't hesitate to make it yours.
This sherd is still in it's found shape. It will be re-shaped into a pendant and embellished with sterling silver grommets at the suspension hole (see bird front and back in two sample photos for example) . OR: the piece can be left unadulterated if you simply want to display it like a museum specimen. Simply convo me with your specs. ______________________________
• PRICE: $119.00 (on sale for $99.00)
• QUANTITY: 1 pc
• SIZE: various please see last photo for reference
• SHAPE: free-form
• FINISHING: these will be free-formed according the the best look for each piece. It will be drilled and set a sterling silver grommet into the hole. Plus I stabilize the finish and back it to make it a little more durable for wear.
• DRILLED: free upon your request
• COLOR: earth tones
• TREATMENTS/ENHANCEMENTS: minor cosmetic stabilization
• OVERALL GRADE: comes with inherent imperfections and non-symmetrical shapes, which in effect is part of what adds to their rugged beauty.
• FYI: do not bathe or swim while wearing this. Treat it kindly. It is very old pottery.
I love my ancient bird! Thanks so much for being so prompt and accommodating.
Sep 29, 2014 by First Age Silver
Perfect Birthday Gift for Dixie. She winters in Ajo Arizona+++++++++
You can expect safe arrival & will not be "left in the dark". Shipments are made via USPS First Class Mail and you will recieve e-mail confirmations so you can feel confident about your order. You many request Priority Mail shipping if you need your order quickly.
I strive to keep shipping as low as possible. Beads are boxed for safe arrival and sent as economically as possible. I will automatically refund overages amounting to more than $2.00. You may stockpile and request combined shipping.
PayPal gladly accepted. Personal checks, money order &/or cashiers checks are subject to clear before shipments are made. All checks are made payable to Suzanne Nellis. 2715 Bethlehem Fields Way, Bethlehem, PA 18015.
I gladly accept holds, reserves, and layaway but please notify me promptly to let me know what to expect. Any unpaid orders will be cancelled within 24 hours if you do not contact me to make proper arrangements.
Returns & exchanges
If you are not satisfied for ANY REASON please e-mail at your earliest convenience. All products are guaranteed for a full refund with no re-stocking fees and no stipulations.
Your feedback is highly valued and appreciated but please be gracious and contact me to resolve any issues before leaving negative or neutral feedback.
• Gemological support is graciously offered. Simply e-mail with your questions. Telephone consults are accepted and offered to valid customers.
• Anyone wishing to re-print intellectual property may simply ask permission and in most cases, permission is graciously granted.
• The representation of the material you are choosing from is subject to a strict code of conduct & honest disclosure as set forth by the FTC, AGTA, JVC & Gemaddicts.com. If you notice a discrepancy in any listing, KINDLY send a convo, remember I am human and it is possible to have made a simple error or omission in a listing. For more information on FTC guides on selling gemstones, see http://www2.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/jewel-gd.pdf
• Ultrasonic drilling services offered by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Custom lapidary services offered on all products sold. Do you need simple adjustments made or alterations to stones? Send a convo with your requests!
• Now you can see video of The Raven and Pearl's featured gemstones at: http://theravenandpearl.weebly.com