Ecofriendly garden gift seed bombs for planting- not for eating! Garden Bon Bons take the concept of seed bombs to a whole new gifting level with their charming presentation and make a lovely eco-friendly option for the holiday - gluten-free, non-caloric, diabetes-friendly, and sure to warm the cockles of the gardener and foodie heart. Garden Bon Bons have been featured in DailyCandy, Apartment Therapy, Good Housekeeping, Herb Companion and Sunset magazine.
All Garden Bon Bons (TM) are hand-made using a centuries-old technique of rolling seeds with rich organic compost and clay into a ball. The compost provides nutrients and the clay protects the seeds from insects. We present our unique seed balls as special garden truffles, a different shape for each seed - and have dusted some with natural pesticides like ground coffee and cinnamon. Enjoy!
This presentation is a box of handcrafted garden seed ball truffles.
There are eight garden truffles in this herb collection, two each of Basil, Parsley, Chives and Thyme.
Garden Bon Bon descriptions:
Round Red Clay Truffle - Basil 'Italian Large Leaf'/Ocimum basilicum. Classic Italian larger-leaved basil. Use in everyday cooking and pesto.
Red Clay Squares - Parsley 'Giant of Italy'/Petroselinum crispum. A flat, flavorful, large dark leaf parsley. Use in everyday cooking and for garnishes.
Red Clay Truffle + Coffee Bean - Chive /Allium shoenoprasum. A heavy-leafing chive which is excellent fresh or dried; freezes well. The coffee bean is a natural pesticide.
White Whipped Clay Truffle - Winter Thyme/Thymus vulgaris. An classic thyme variety and culinary staple.
GARDEN BON BONS PLANTING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Find a sunny spot for your Garden Bon Bon to grow, indoors or out in the garden or in a planter on the terrace.
2. Put the Garden Bon Bon on top of the earth, gently pressing it in a tiny bit or simply tossing it on top. The seeds won’t germinate if the Bon Bon is buried by earth.
3. Water Garden Bon Bon well until it germinates. This is important! The clay absorbs more moisture than conventional soil so water both the bon bons and the surrounding soil generously.
4. Watch it grow (if the Garden Bon Bon isn’t getting enough water outdoors, help nature along by watering regularly).
All seeds are sourced from seed-safe, non-gmo, non-Monsanto seed companies.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
I ship USPS priority, US destinations only. If you would like insurance let me know and I'll add it to the order.
You are welcome to pay by check money order or Paypal. Upon receipt of payment I'll process your purchase, generally within forty-eight hours. If there is any reason for delay or questions I'll be in touch.
If you wish to cancel before shipping there will be no charge, and if for any reason you would like to return an item within thirty days I will be happy to refund the purchase price or offer an exhcange.
Items shipped in the state of Washington will be taxed at 9.5%.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Damage and losses will be limited to purchase price.
The Garden Bon Bons are patent pending. Wholesale and custom orders are welcome!
© Garden Bon Bons ALL RIGHTS RESERVED copyright 2013
All of my designs, photos and text are copyright protected. Photography by Anna Hoychuk or Anne Dowell. If you would like to use any images please do credit them properly.