Okra Clemson Spineless - Heirloom
50-64 days. After decades of growing this is still the most popular open-pollinated variety on the market. Vigorous plants grow 3-5' tall. Pods are exceptionally uniform with deep green ribs and can grow to 9". The spineless pods are just perfect when harvested at 3" long. Loves heat and excellent quality! Drought Tolerant! Lovely yellow flowers!
1. Introduced by Clemson University
2. AAS winner in 1939
3. Tolerant of heat and drought, but not of cold
4. Leaves are spineless making it easier to harvest
5. Okra had its beginnings in Africa and has spread throughout the world
6. Okra was cultivated by the Egyptians as far back as the times of Cleopatra
7. During World War II okra seeds were used as a replacement to brew coffee
8. High in fiber and vitamin C
Some seeds require some experience in growing. We provide germination guidance and recommend that you do some research before ordering if you feel unsure. Growing plants from seed is supposed to be fun. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes not- this is the way it is with gardening. Because we are not there to plant them, we cannot be responsible for germination failure due to improper planting or climate conditions. We will always send you viable seeds
We thank you for your support of rare and naturally grown seeds!
We have been in the garden - seed business for over 40 years and were one of the first to sell seeds on the internet many years ago. We will give you quality seed and service. We will be there for you not only today but down the road from now should you need growing help or more seeds. We thank you in advance for your business.
Note: all seeds are fresh and viable. We will not and can not be responsible for the germination of any seed since everyone has their own methods of starting, growing and planting them. We will only advise you of what we think works best. See below for more information.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to know whether any plant or seed is acceptable or allowable for the area being shipped to. Seller is not responsible for buyer’s use of plant or seeds and any dangers thereof. By purchasing this item buyer accepts this understanding.
All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Serendipity Seeds ] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.
Seed is a live product which depends on many important grower skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type of soil, watering, light intensity, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides, insecticides, soil conditions, and reasonable weather during the growing period. These factors are totally out of the sellers control, and germination and growing results are the buyer's responsibility and risk.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
We package and ship your purchase in a fast, professional and efficient manner. Please be aware once it leaves our facility it is up to the shipping service to deliver it to you. The feedback system is not meant for the shipping service which we have no control over. If it is late please be patient for it to arrive and we would appreciate your understanding- it is not in our ability to change.
The Following Payments accepted:
Credit cards using Etsy's Direct Checkout
Check - MO ( contact us) we are willing to work with you to meet your needs.
Be sure your shipping address is correct- we are not responsible for items shipped to an address you provide that is not correct.
Returns & exchanges
We want you to be happy with what you buy from us so we offer you a 7 day - satisfaction guarantee. We offer a full refund or replacement (when possible) Minus shipping costs - for anything you are unhappy with. And if its our fault we cover the shipping! So buy with security!
Returns accepted only if the item is not what was listed or described to be. All refunds are considered on a case-by-case basis. All refunds will not include any and all shipping costs. Shipping costs will only be refunded if the incorrect product was sent or received damaged or defective. Your money will be refunded in the same manner it was paid.
Notice to all buyers: Terms of sale- the placement of an order by the buyer constitutes an agreement of the following conditions:
1. Serendipity Seeds warrants that the seeds are labeled or identified as required by State and Federal agencies
2. The seeds conform to the label description within tolerances recognized by the industry
Limitation of remedy:
1. Our liability is limited in amount to the purchase price of the seed
2. This limitation is regardless of the nature of loss - extent of loss or cause of loss
3. Buyers sole and exclusive remedy is limited to a refund of the purchase price of the seed that the buyer paid
4. Under no circumstances or event are we as the seller, liable for consequential damages
5. No liability whatsoever, shall be asserted unless the buyer reports to Serendipity Seeds by registered mail any complaints withing a reasonable period , not to exceed 30 days from purchase
6. If this is not agreeable, (seeds not accepted on this basis), seeds must be returned and received within and no later than 30 days from purchase date. Seeds must be returned in original unopened original packaging before seed purchase price will be refunded.
7. This is the entire agreement between buyer and seller regarding all liability and warranty.
8. By placing an order and accepting a product, Buyer agrees to all of the terms and conditions.
IF YOU BOUGHT SEED: Seed is a live product which depends on many important grower skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type of soil, watering, light intensity, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides, insecticides, soil conditions, and reasonable weather during the growing period. These factors are totally out of the sellers control, and germination and growing results are the buyer's responsibility and risk.
Some seeds require some experience in growing. We provide germination guidance and recommend that you do some research before ordering if you feel unsure. Growing plants from seed is supposed to be fun. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes not- this is the way it is with gardening. Because we are not there to plant them, we cannot be responsible for germination failure due to improper planting or climate conditions. We will always send you viable seeds.
Seller cannot be responsible for buyers growing methods or mistakes. All seed sales are final. No refunds or replacements after the 14 days has expired. By clicking the 'buy"' button you are agreeing to these terms. If you have an issue, please contact us through the message system first before leaving feedback. Your satisfaction is our #1 goal!