Metallic Rub Ons - All four (4) Kits and an instructional Pamphlet are included!!!
!! Kit #1 - Kit #2 - Kit #3 - Kit #4 !!
Kit 1 colors - Blue - Purple - Copper - Silver - Ruby - Emerald - Gold
Kit 2 colors - Colonial - Nubian - Pewter - Olive - Deep Gold - Gunmetal - Brass
Kit 3 - colors - Walnut - Sky Blue - Rosewood - Silver Blue - Iris - Cameo Pink - Golden White
Kit 4 - colors - Midnight Sparkle - Sunburst - Silver Grey - White Sparkle - Apple Green - Amber - Russet
Metallic "Rub-On" Decorating Techniques - A 15 page booklet of techniques for using Metallic "Rub-Ons"
Learn How To:
* Create Stenciled Metallic Designs
* Create Lustrous Metallic Effects on Paper
* Add Soft Metallic Details to Polymer Clay Jewelry, Buttons and Home Accents
* Add Upscale Metallic Finished to Scrapbook Pages, Rubber Stamped Designs & Lots More
Metallic rub-ons are a wax based, non toxic color palette used for adding color or metallic shine and luster to your art projects.
It will work on either coated, glossy or plain paper card stocks, as well as metallic paper, metal tooling, sealing wax, velour paper or melted embossing powders.
The color is applied with sponge applicators or with your finger.
When applying color with your fingertip, begin lightly and sparingly at first to avoid a fingerprint.
Build up color gradually until the image is as dark as you wish.
Practice applying rub-ons smoothly with your fingertip on scrap paper before using it on your card.
Learn to blend the colors and metallic finishes together, for some very interesting shades and highlights. Add color on color to obtain highlights.
Buff the color as you apply it, to get the shiny look of metal. When your project is finished, allow some drying time for the rub-ons to set.
If it still seems to come off easily, you may need to spray your project with a fixative to seal it.
S T A M P I N G T I P S
* Make background paper by swirling on varying shades of metallic rub-ons with your finger, paper towel or sponge applicator. Stamp designs over the finished background.
* Obtain a slick, glass like finish by over-embossing with Embossing Enamel.
* Metallic rub-ons can be used to add color and/or metallic sheen to the design. The high points of the image will be accented.
* Add shiny highlights to metal quilting or "pop can tooling". See our related tip sheet for the techniques.
* Use metallic rub-ons with your brass or blue laser stencils. Apply by stippling with a 1/4" or 1/8" stencil brush. This is very dramatic and beautiful when done on black velour paper, but any cardstock will work, even vellum.
* Metallic rub-ons can be applied to your stamped sealing wax designs to add sheen.
* Make a leather-like texture background paper by spreading liquid applique with a brayer in a thin layer on your card, and then heating with your heat tool. Rub on some metallic or color tone highlights.
My item number Kit_1_2 _3_4
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
We have switched to the Calculated Shipping. If you have problems or questions regarding shipping, please ask prior to placing order.
International Customers are responsible for all Customs Fees or Taxes, these amounts are not included in the shipping costs! Below is a link that may be of some help. Please use at your own discretion.
Shipping to the following Countries is excluded: Hungary, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Argentina, Nicaragua, Brazil, Greece, Mexico, Ukraine, Estonia, Moldova, Israel, Philippines, Malta, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Haiti, Thailand, Taiwan, Honduras, South Africa, Russian Federation, Nigeria, Romania, Belarus, Chile, Hong Kong
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)