This is a digital file
Do you have a beautiful focal bead that you'd love to use to make a pendant, but you're not exactly sure how to give it the special look it deserves? This tutorial will show you a free flowing method to create intricate-looking, one-of-a-kind embellished pendants using wire and a large bead. You can even add seed beads if you like. With minimal tools, you'll learn some basic techniques in this tutorial that will equip you to use your imagination to make all kinds of wire wrapped focal bead pendants. And once you've learned this method, you'll soon be able to figure out how to incorporate all kinds of charms and other embellishments for truly unique creations.
You can use all sorts of interesting beads, from stone and shell to polymer clay and glass. This technique works great with round beads, coin or lentil shaped beads, oval beads, pear shaped beads, triangular beads--really any shape of bead is a candidate as long as it is at least 20 mm in diameter, or 20 mm long, and has a hole that will accommodate two pieces of 20 gauge wire. A somewhat larger bead looks best with this technique, and for instruction purposes, the tutorial pictures the use of a bead that is roughly 30 X 40 mm, but you are not limited to this size.
The second and third photos for this listing show closer views of two of my handcrafted polymer clay beads from the cover of the tutorial. The third picture shows one of the pages of the tutorial, and the last photo is of other focal bead pendants I've made using this technique.
Printable tutorial is available for instant download and includes:
5 Pages of step-by-step instructions
47 Full-color photos to accompany instructions
File format: PDF, 4.6 megabytes
© 2013 Kelley Pounds
SKILL LEVEL: Beginning Wire Wrapper
* 1 large focal bead, at least 20 mm in diameter or 20 mm long
* About 2 feet of 20 gauge wire (20 gauge used in tutorial, but depending on bead, 22, 21 or 18 gauge can also be used)
* About 15-20 Seed beads, size 6 or 8 (optional, and number is a rough estimate)
* 12-inch ruler
* Chain nose pliers (make sure your pliers have no teeth or sharp ridges that will mar wire)
* Round nose pliers
* Wire Cutters
* Large bail making pliers (if you have them, but a regular plastic barreled ball-point pen will work just as well--tutorial shows use of ball point pen for making the pendant bail.)
* Wire straightening pliers (optional)
If you'd like to see other items in my shop, please visit my shop home page: http://www.kellscreations.etsy.com
You might also like
More from this seller
I accept PayPal, and PayPal will give you the option to use a credit card. I also accept Etsy's option for Direct Checkout.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Also, I really want you to be happy with your purchase, so if for some reason you're unhappy when your item arrives, please contact me and we'll work something out. You may also feel free to return the item, at your cost, within 7 days of receiving it. I'll give you a full refund for the purchase price plus the original shipping cost you paid at the time of the purchase as long as I receive the item in its original condition and unworn.