Send us your own picture and we'll turn it into a backdrop for you! Perfect for any occasion from photography to videography to theater productions and more - we'll make sure to work with you to create just what you need!
We can even make a custom size - just contact us to get this process started!
Each Photo Pie backdrop is dye sublimated on one of our three fabrics: PrismaCloth, JerseyCloth, and InspiraCloth. This process means that your fabric backdrop is washable, durable, wrinkle resistant, and made to last!
Each backdrop comes standard with a 3 inch pole pocket across the top. Stand sold separately. All sizes are measured in feet.
You might also like
Shipping & policies
If you are located outside of the United States or would like expedited shipping services, please contact us before ordering for shipping rates!
It is our priority to ship your product within 7 business days of ordering (solids will ship in 1-2 business days)! If you have a deadline to meet - please let us know ahead of time and we will work with you to get your items to you as soon as possible! Please check with us before ordering a product you need expedited to make sure that we can accommodate your request.
While we will try our hardest to meet your deadlines, we can't control shipping times. If your product arrives after your deadline, you are still responsible for payment (in full) of the item.
We can ship via FedEx or UPS domestically. International orders will be shipped via USPS unless otherwise requested. We can ship to APO/FPO addresses, but not to standard PO boxes! Your package's tracking information will be updated as soon as it ships.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
We reserve the right to refuse your refund/exchange/store credit if the product shows any signs of use.
Shipping, handling and customs charges will not be refunded unless the item is defective or there was an error in processing your original order.
Items must be returned with a prepaid shipping service (not C.O.D. deliveries). We highly recommend returning items with a tracking number to ensure that they are not lost in transit because we are not responsible for lost items.
Please allow 3-5 business days after your item has been received to be refunded.
ABOUT OUR MATERIALS
If you would like to feel our fabrics before you buy, just ask us and we'll send you free samples!
All backdrops come standard with a rod pocket on the top side and are shipped folded up. Squared backdrops (4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 8x8, 9x9, and 10x10, measured in feet) do NOT come with the floor portion of an image - see the FAQ below for more information.
Muslin Backdrops - Our muslin backdrops are actually made of a "muslin-like" fabric called Poly Poplin. It is a thicker, more luxurious, less translucent, and more wrinkle resistant fabric than the muslin backdrops you will find elsewhere. The muslin backdrops come in three sizes (5x10, 10x10, and 10x20, measured in feet) and are available in a variety of colors.
PrismaCloth - This 100% polyester oxford cloth is our most economical option. Like the other options, it is wrinkle-resistant and machine-washable/dryable.As a result of dye-sublimation printing, your image will be colorfast and brilliant. The matte finish insures you'll see no glare in your photos!
JerseyCloth - Seamless, machine-washable/dryable and wrinkle-free, this material is great for those looking for more affordable options. With knapped backing, this 100% polyester cloth is similar to the material used for sweatshirts. Made for photography, the image printed is colorfast and brilliant without causing a glare.
InspiraCloth - This is our most luxurious cloth option. The double-faced satin fabric is made of 100% polyester fiberfill and is seamless, wrinke-resistant, and machine-washable/dryable. Made for photography, your image will be colorfast with a matte, non-glare finish.
We want to make sure that your experience with us is excellent and appreciate your feedback! If you are not fully satisfied, please contact us with any questions or concerns.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do you mean by 'Backdrops For People Who Don't Like Backdrops'?
- Our tagline comes from the frustration of browsing through backdrops that look unrealistic. We hope that when you see our backdrops you say "THAT is a backdrop!" Though we advertise realistic backdrops, we also sell solid backdrops that we believe you will love as much as our realistic ones!
Are your backdrops digital?
- No, all of our backdrops are the real deal! Our backdrops are physical cloth with the background and floor all printed on the same piece (except for squared sizes that do not come with a floor)
What are your backdrops made of?
- We have three types of printed cloth (PrismaCloth, JerseyCloth, and InspiraCloth). Each type is seamless, washable and wrinkle-resistant (except for JerseyCloth, which is wrinkle-free). PrismaCloth is made of 100% polyester oxford cloth, JerseyCloth is like durable sweatshirt material, and InspiraCloth is double-faced satin made of polyester fiber.
What is the difference between the cloth types then?
- One of the main differences is that JerseyCloth is wrinkle-free as opposed to the other two cloths which are just wrinkle-resistant. The other main difference is that JerseyCloth has up to a 10 foot seamless width - the other two cloths only go up to 9 feet in seamless width. Other than that, they are photographically the same. The difference is in your personal preference for the feel of one over the other. The price chart can be found at (http://www.photopie.com/pages/ABOUT-US.html#cloths) and if you would like free samples of the cloth types, please just contact us!
Will these backdrops cause a glare?
- No, our backdrops will not cause a glare! There's no way to get that realistic look if your backdrops cause a glare.
Some items have no floor - what does that mean?
- The phrase "no floor" on our items means that the backdrop has no floor portion to it (this would apply to the squared sizes). We recommend backdrops with floor (5x9s, 7x12s, 9x16s, and 10x18s) for full length vertical shots. Squared sizes have the bottom "floor" portion of the picture cropped out and are perfect for three quarter/knee-up type shots because your backdrop has no ground to stand on. The images you see are the full images available - if you order a squared size, the bottom half of the image is cropped to create a square with the top portion of the image.
How do you get rid of folds or bunches in the fabric with people standing on the floor?
- In some cases, your backdrop may need something to cling to. We recommend that you go a local carpet store and get a low-pile rug for under your backdrop. Sometimes stores have leftover cuts from previous jobs, making your rug inexpensive (or possibly free). In addition, we recommend that you tape down the edges with painter's tape or masking tape to keep movement to a minimum. This will keep your backdrop in place, but won't leave residue on the fabric like duct tape can.
Are these backdrops 3D?
- The full vertical backdrops (5x9, 7x12, 9x16, and 10x18) are seamless pieces with both the floor and backgrounds printed on the same piece. They use forced perspective to make the subject look like part of the environment - so if that is what you mean by 3D, then yes! The following link will take you to a tutorial that shows you what the backdrops are like in action (http://www.photopie.com/pages/On-Location-Tutorial.html).
Will my backdrop wrinkle?
- All three of our cloth types are wrinkle-resistant (with JerseyCloth being the most resistant). By textile standards, we've labeled JerseyCloth as "wrinkle-free". Our backdrops are pretty much ready to work right out of the package - if there are fold lines in your backdrop when it arrives, you can put it in the dryer with a damp towel for a couple of minutes and the wrinkles will relax quite a bit. Once your backdrop is set up for your shoot, you might want to use a garment steamer to get any of the remaining wrinkles out. Here is a quick video about the three types of cloth that we offer (http://www.photopie.com/pages/VIDEOS.html#clothtypes).
How should I store my backdrop?
- You can store our backdrops however you want - folded up or stuffed in a bag or crate! This is one of the advantages that comes from having a wrinkle-resistant and washable backdrop. PrismaCloth or InspiraCloth backdrops might need to be steamed between uses if they are stored in a hard folded manner.
What if I want a custom size?
- The standard policy we abide by is that any custom size rounds up to the cost of the next standard size. If you would like a custom quote, please contact us!
What if I want my own image on a backdrop?
- We'd love to make a custom backdrop for your event or shoot! All you have to do is send us your high-res file and tell us the size you want. We will print your custom image for no extra cost! This option makes Photo Pie great for many more uses than just photo shoots - we can make theatrical backdrops, videography studio sets, and special event backdrops! Let us make your ideas reality no matter what the occasion. Please contact us for details about this option.
What kind of file do you need and how large should it be?
- It all depends on the pixels. In general, for a 9x16 backdrop, we want the long side (the 16 foot side) to have about 10,000 pixels. The more pixels you can send in your file, the better. Remember that your file won't be viewed up close, but from several yards away. You can zoom in on the image on your computer to make it approximately the size it will be on the actual backdrop to see if you are satisfied with the resolution. If you like how it looks there, you should be fine. Your file should be submitted in JPEG format, pre-converted to CMYK. We need files in CMYK because this is what we print from - it will give you a more accurate representation of what the color will look like printed on your backdrop.
If you have any questions that were not answered above, please contact us for more information!