This is a digital file
IMPORTANT: PDF SEWING PATTERN ONLY.
Sew a bound top tote bag (aka: Granny Bag) using this SEWING PATTERN.
This bag makes a sweet handbag or project tote.
The inside has pockets on each side.
Piping around the sides and bottom gives it structure and helps keep its shape. The instructions show how to make your own fabric piping from fabric cut on the cross grain. The piping can also be skipped to save time or if you just don't feel like using it.
The handle length is for a handbag, but instructions include a suggested measurement for making it into a shoulder bag.
The bag closes with a small flap and magnetic snap.
This sewing pattern is a paper and ink friendly 12-pages: 8-pages of text & color photo instructions & 4-pages of black & white pattern pieces. Formatted for standard 8.5" x 11" paper--no resizing necessary.
Sewing Skill Level: Intermediate - Those with solid bag sewing experience who are up for new challenges & expanding their skills.
Finished Dimensions: 11” wide x 11” tall x 2.25” deep (28 x 28 x 6cm)
Supplies (Materials You Provide):
• 1/2 yard 44” wide exterior fabric
• 2/3 yard 44” wide lining fabric
• 1/3 yard 38” wide fabric for piping & binding for trim/handles
• 2 yards of 5/32” piping cord
• 1/2 yard 45” wide fusible fleece
• 1 ¼ yard 20” wide fusible interfacing
• (1) 14mm magnetic snap
• Ruler or yardstick
• Fabric marking pen or chalk
• Fray Check
• Basic sewing notions/tools
• Zipper foot and/or piping foot for your machine
Sew It & Sell It: Bags made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Please offer michellepatterns.com design credit in written descriptions.
• 10% off orders of $30 or more with the code: 30ormore
You might also like
More from this seller
Etsy Checkout payments can experience delays up to 48-hours for security screening. If your payment is selected for security screening, your shipment will be delayed and PDF patterns will not be available for download until the payment clears. You can also pay with PayPal. Sorry, no eChecks, money orders, cash, or bank transfers.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Digital documents can't be returned, so there are refunds or exchanges for patterns.
Please download, save, and store your pattern file(s) somewhere safe (i.e. not on your computer).
Lost files can be replaced for 30-days with proof of purchase (link to your receipt, or a copy of your email receipt). I don't sell, maintain, or store these documents indefinitely so if you lose your pattern in many cases it is irreplaceable.
If you want to keep these files indefinitely--or at least longer than your next computer crash or upgrade--the best option is to have a data backup system running, or store the files online. Storing them online can be as simple as emailing them to yourself at a gmail type account, or using a service like Drop Box or Box.net.
CUT/MADE TO ORDER GOODS:
Sorry, no refunds for items cut or made to order. This includes custom made buttons, fabric, interfacing, and any other items cut as continuous lengths the buyer specifies.
• Returned items must be in original condition.
• Shipping fees are not refundable. This includes the costs to ship it back and the original shipping cost you paid when submitting your order.
• Make sure to mail it back with "Delivery Confirmation" or some kind of tracking. This is to protect you should the package go missing in the mail. A refund isn't submitted for processing until the return package is received.
• Return package needs to be post marked within 30-days of your purchase.
• Once your package arrives a refund will be submitted within 48-hours. The time it takes to actually receive the refund credit in your account can vary. Questions regarding those processing times should be directed to etsy or your bank.
Shipments within the US are sent with "Delivery Confirmation". Please let me know if you have not received your package after 2 weeks. USPS online tracking information must show the package has not been delivered in order to qualify as a lost package.
Please credit Michelle Patterns in all written item descriptions. For example when selling online please include the following sentence, or other similar wording in your item description: "This item was made using a michellepatterns.com sewing pattern." A link to my etsy shop would also be greatly appreciated.
All items for sale must be handmade by you. Contracting with others to mass produce the designs is expressly prohibited.
Distribution of the pattern pieces and corresponding instructions is expressly prohibited.