This is a digital file
The Uptown Girl HANDBAG SEWING PDF PATTERN
Finished bag size = Approx. 30cm (12”) X 30cm (12”) X 11.5cm (4½”).
Difficulty = Advanced (Intermediate when made from Fabric instead of pleather).
DELIVERY - INSTANT DOWNLOAD PDF - Why wait! Buy now and be at your sewing machine within minutes! As soon as Paypal payment is complete, the pattern will be available to you to download immediately!
The pattern comes ready to print out on standard A4 paper OR you can also print on Letter or Foolscape simply by checkling the "Disable shrink to fit" or similar in your printers settings. Printing Instructions are included!
The pattern for the Uptown Girl Purse has 38 pages of instructions which include 72 step by step colour photos. There are 3 photos of the finished bag, printing instructions and test squares to check scale. Cutting Measurements are provided PLUS 14 Pattern pieces are included so you can chosse your preferred cutting method!
PLUS a TEXT ONLY version (8 pages) of the instructions comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed! Saves on ink!
ALL my patterns have measurements for both Metric and Imperial and seam allowances are included too!
The Uptown Girl is perfect for a day out on the town. This bag may have a minimalist appearance on the exterior, with two slip pockets on the sides for your phone or keys; however, inside you will find a multitude of storage pockets for organisation. Its roomy interior is secured by a recessed zipper and boasts an additional interior zippered divider pocket, PLUS 4 extra slip pockets and 2 pen pockets.
This pattern is written for Pleather, Faux leather ,Leather and Vinyl however if you have had any previous bag making experience you should have no problem at all navigating the pattern to make it in fabric also! Tips are included to help you. PLUS there are plenty of hints and tips on how to make bags from pleather/leather etc which you can apply to any pleather/leather bag project!
• Exterior fabric: 45 cm (½ yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Piece of contrast fabric: 71cm X 30cm (28”X 12”) (optional)
• Lining fabric: 110cm (43”) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Fusible interfacing: mid-weight, 40cm (16”) of 112cm (44”) wide interfacing (the narrower Pellon Shape-Flex SF101 is a good choice, but you will need about 1 yard if you go that route)
• ByAnnie’s Soft & Stable: 46cm X 91cm (18” X 36”) (or substitute with Headliner Foam; you can also use fusible fleece, however, you will end up with a bag that is more floppy)
• Matching thread (I use Nylon Upholstery thread for pleather and Gutermann Polyester for quilting cotton)
• 1 X 36cm (14”) zipper or longer, cut to size for your recessed zipper
• 1 X 28cm (11”) zipper for the inner Divider Pocket (or longer cut to size)
• 2 X readymade adjustable straps: I used 15mm (⅝”) wide, adjustable from 39cm to 55cm (15⅜”to 21⅝’”) (Or you can make your own if you prefer!)
• 4 X metal round or oval shaped eyelets: minimum inner diameter measurements – 15mm (⅝”) or to suit your straps
• 4 X 12mm (½”) purse feet
• OPTIONAL: 2 X 30.5cm (12”) cable ties (recommended for stabilising your zipper divider pocket) or you can use boning too!
• OPTIONAL: 2 rolls 6mm (¼”) Wash Away Wonder Tape
• OPTIONAL: 6mm (¼”) Cold Tape (see notes)
• OPTIONAL : (if using quilting cotton for exterior) additional fusible interfacing: mid-weight, 40cm (16”) of 112cm (44”) wide interfacing (Pellon Shape-Flex SF101 is a good choice but you will need about 1 yard in that case)
• Small amount of craft glue for setting eyelets
• Small amount of Fray Stopper if using quilting cottons instead of pleather
Don't forget to checkout my website: http://www.chriswdesigns.com
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrisWDesigns for more of my designs!
Oh and why not check out what others have made or share some of your finished ChrisW Designs bags in our Flickr group! I'd love to see them!
You are welcome to sell your finished bags! Please DO checkout the ChrisW Designs copyright policy in full in the shop policy section for further info! :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrisWDesigns/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies_leftnav
ChrisW Designs © 2012
All Rights Reserved
You might also like
More from this seller
I accept payments via Paypal.
Returns & exchanges
For PDF Patterns - I am sorry, but no refunds or exchanges can be given for electronic files due to the nature of the product.
Pattern Copyright Information:
1) Please do NOT copy, reproduce, distribute, sell or share ANY part of this pattern in any way whatsoever. It is for your own use only.
2) You are welcome to use the pattern to hand make items to sell on Ebay or Etsy or at market stalls etc. but please be aware that permissions for commercial use do NOT include factory manufacture or mass production and mass selling.
3) Please do not pass off ChrisW Designs pattern designs as your own creation. It would be appreciated if you would give credit to ChrisW Designs somewhere on a swing tag or label etc.
Thank you for your understanding and happy sewing!