<<< Visit my primary website www.lunagreyfiberarts.com for the best selection of colorways and base yarns >>>
Shades of smokey steel blue hand dyed onto my "Zeta" base yarn. A super soft, glossy, DK/Sport, 85% Polwarth wool, 15% silk yarn. Has a beautiful drape and subtle sheen. Perfect for shawls, scarves, cowls, lacework, etc. All yarn is hand-dyed in small batches in Colorado, USA.
100g (3.5 oz)
Approx. 289 yds
DK Weight - 3 ply
Gauge: 4-6 stitches/inch on U.S. #3 - 6 needles
Hand wash cool. Lay flat to dry.
A Little History...
Polwarth sheep were developed in Australia in 1880. They are a cross between a Merino and a Lincoln. They produce beautiful fiber with a micron count similar to that of Merino (21-24 microns). Their wool is very soft and lustrous - a joy to knit!
As with all hand dyed yarn, expect subtle color variations between skeins. It is always best to alternate skeins on projects calling for more than one skein of yarn. Dyes are colorfast and should not run or fade.
Every effort has been made to represent yarn colors as accurately as possible. Please note, however, that every computer monitor varies slightly in the way that they display colors.
All orders are thoughtfully packaged (suitable for gift giving) in tissue paper and tied with lovely charcoal gray and white twine.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
• I will ship to the address mentioned in your Etsy purchase (not on PayPal). Please ensure that your Etsy shipping info is correct.
• If you have any special requests regarding your order (such as wanting a gift note included), please leave a message in the "Message to Seller" box at the time of purchase. If you have any questions before you order, please contact me, and I will do my best to get back to you promptly!
• Rest assured that your order will be beautifully and safely packaged. Your yarn will come wrapped in tissue paper tied with lovely charcoal gray and white twine. I ship in polyolefin mailers. They have proven to be strong, tear and water resistant.
• I ship via US Postal Service - which I have found to be the most economical. I ship First Class for orders under 16 oz which generally means about 3 - 5 business days travel time within the US. I ship Priority Mail for orders over 16 oz. International shipping times depend upon location, of course. Shipping times are estimates only - I am not able to guarantee shipping times once a package in en route, as this is out of my control.
• For International Buyers: Any taxes, customs fees or import duties are the responsibility of the buyer/recipient and have not been included in the shipping charges.
• Please note that I cannot be liable for packages lost or stolen while in the hands of of the USPS. Let me know if you would like to purchase insurance for your order.
• If you need your package sooner, please contact me. Express shipping is available by request for an additional fee.
I accept payment via Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Paypal or Etsy gift certificates.
Orders shipping to the state of Colorado, USA will be charged 2.9% Colorado state sales tax.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Digital downloads
- Items on sale
Yarn that has been wound into a ball/cake or that smells of smoke cannot be returned. Thanks for understanding.
My primary website can be found at www.lunagreyfiberarts.com
I welcome wholesale orders. Retail yarn shops may apply for a wholesale account here http://www.lunagreyfiberarts.com/pages/wholesale-application
Convo me regarding wholesale or consignment orders.
My wonderful logo was created by fellow Etsy seller, Kelly Devries of RootDown.