This is a digital file
This is an A-line shape dress with a wide reverse pleat in the front. It features short puff-top lined sleeves and it has 2 length options to make a dress or a tunic. There are 2 collar options; Peter Pan collar and rolled collar. It closes at the back with 2/3 buttons or snap fasteners (instructions on how to make the button holes are NOT provided in this tutorial).
Sizes available are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
Sewing skills and notions:
This pattern has been rated from advanced beginners to intermediate sewers. If you decide to use regular buttons you need to know to to make button holes, this tutorial does not provide the instructions on how to make them.
For more photos, fit and collar options visit Lily Bird Studio's blog http://lilybirdstudio.blogspot.com/2014/03/lauras-dress-sewing-pattern.html
The PDF file includes:
- Pattern: fully scaled color-coded computer drafted pattern.
- Instructions on how to assemble the pieces of the pattern. It includes instruction on how to apply the snap fasteners.
- List of materials and yardage needed
- Table of final measurements for each size.
- Instructions on how to cut the pieces.
- Tutorial: a step-by-step tutorial with easy and clear instructions and color photos.
To make this dress/tunic you will need:
- sewing machine
- fabric (1 1/2 to 2 yards for the dress and 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 yards for the tunic)
- light weight fusible interfacing (for lining of Peter Pan collar option only)
- 25 inches of 1.5 to 2 inches wide ribbon (optional)
- thread of matching color
- circular cutter or scissors
- 3 snap fasteners or medium size buttons
Size / Tunic length / Dress length / Bodice circumference
12 months / 15” / 22” / 22.5"
24 months / 15.5” / 23” / 23"
3 years / 17” / 24” / 23.5"
4 years / 18” / 25.5” / 24.5"
5 years / 19" / 26.5” / 25.5"
6 years / 20" / 27.5” / 26.5"
7 years / 21" / 28.5" / 27"
8 years / 22" / 29" / 29"
9 years / 23" / 30" / 30.5"
10 years / 24" / 31" / 31"
READ BEFORE PURCHASE
- Please read carefully the description, you are purchasing a PDF SEWING PATTERN AND NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT.
- Pattern assembly is required. It is drafted in pieces so that it can be printed on standard letter size paper, then you will have to assemble as directed in the instructions.
- A 1/4 inch seam allowance is included in the pattern. So you just place it over the fabric and cut along the edges of the pattern.
- This pattern is written in English only.
You can use this pattern and tutorial to make dresses and tunics for sell. It is prohibited to copy or distribute this pdf pattern and/or tutorial or any part of it.
You might also like
More from this seller
Only PayPal accepted.
IMPORTANT: Orders paid with eCheck will be shipped once the payment is processed and the money is in my account. It usually takes about 3-5 days.
Returns & exchanges
Due to the nature of the product I don't do refunds or exchanges.
If you don't receive the pattern within the expected deadline (see Shipping Policies), check your spam folder (sometimes messages from unknown senders go there directly). If it is not there please contact me by email and I'll re-send it to you.
In order to keep patterns clear and user-friendly I use internal reviews and user feedback. This means that during the first weeks after its release, a pattern can be edited for improvements. If a substantial change is made to a pattern you have purchased, I will send you the updated file free of charge.
Any piece of clothing you make from Lily Bird Studio's sewing patterns can be sold in handmade shops (unless otherwise is specified in the pattern), please give Lily Bird Studio the credits for the design. It is prohibited to copy or distribute Lily Bird Studio's sewing patterns without my consent.
All tutorials with patterns and instructions are written in PDF files.
PDF files can be opened with Adobe Reader which must be installed on your computer. If you don´t have it, go to www.adobe.com and get it for free.
If you are looking for ready to ship clothes made out of Lily Bird Studio's sewing patterns, then visit the shops below...
Sew Fierce: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SewFierce
1 Little Bow Peep: https://www.etsy.com/shop/1littlebowpeep
Une Etoile Est Nee: https://www.etsy.com/shop/UneEtoileEstNee
Emaleigh's Cupboard: https://www.etsy.com/shop/emaleighscupboard
Doll Baby: https://www.etsy.com/shop/retrodollbaby
Little Baby Princess Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LBPShop
Becoming a Girl: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BecomingaBigGirl
Coco's Cute Creations: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CocosCuteCreations
Charlie and Mills: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CharlieandMills
Originals by Cindy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OriginalsbyCindy
Rachel Simple Sweets: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rachelssimplesweets