This is a digital file
A crafty twist on the traditional safari mount, this elephant and giraffe plush taxidermy achieve the same look of real taxidermy without harming any animals! An unusual pattern for the sewist looking to make something truly unique. Fun decor for a nursery.
This listing is for a digital PDF sewing pattern. It will be emailed to you immediately after purchase. The templates are full-size and ready for you to print again and again. The instructions are written in easy to understand language and include clear photos at every step to guide you through the sewing.
The finished plush taxidermy is 18 inches tall x 14 inches wide.
To make a giraffe or elephant you'll need:
1/2 yard of fleece for the head
1/4 yard of fleece for the details
a few scraps of other fabrics
1 pair of 18 mm black safety eyes (available on Etsy)
a short length of wire
I recommend this pattern for confident beginners. The instructions are written in easy to understand language and every step is accompanied by a clear photo to help you along.
Check out my listing for a deer and unicorn faux taxidermy here: https://www.etsystudio.com/listing/182543451/unicorn-and-deer-plush-taxidermy-pdf?ref=shop_home_active_19
This is an original sewing pattern by Abby Glassenberg. Copyright 2014. All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my permission. Nursery photo by Couch House Pictures.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as you follow these regulations:
1. Keep a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
2. The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time.
3. Items must be made only by the individual who purchased the pattern.
4. Credit is given to Abby Glassenberg as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item and, if selling online, the listing (on Etsy, etc.) must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
5. You may make alterations to the pattern, but you must still link to the original pattern and credit Abby Glassenberg on the item’s tags and listings.
Check out all my PDF patterns for lots of other cute baby gifts and plush toys to sew: http://www.etsy.com/shop/whileshenaps