Raven, bird of magic and mystery, surrounds this magical ceramic yarn bowl. I have hand painted Raven freehand without a pattern and each bowl is an original. The design is painted around the entire bowl with detailed feathering. An unusual gift for the bird lover and magical yarn person in your life, male or female!
This listing is for one bowl, each hand painted in my studio overlooking the Rio Grande near Taos, NM. The Raven has a moon in its beak, based on the Pacific Northwest creation story "Raven Steals the Moon" I've painted highlights of indigo blue in the feathers, and a decorated spiral is painted on the inside.
From a recent customer: “When the tools of your creativity become like sacred objects....isn’t this a gorgeous yarn bowl? Created by @pattymaragourley #yarnbowl #sacredcreativity #sacredspace #crafty #fibreartist #raven”
A smooth curved opening in the bowl's side guides your yarn as you knit or crochet, keeping the yarn ball from rolling away. Or, use as an eclectic amplifier for your Echo Dot or small electronics. Echo Dot not included.
Bowls stack nicely.
Size: 6" x 3.5"
Signed and dated with my potter name Patch and Taos, NM.
Gift wrapping and direct shipping always available, just let me know, and I'll tuck in a gift card from you.
“Raven Steals the Moon” design is also available in a larger size in my shop, with three holes in addition to the yarn channel. link: https://www.etsystudio.com/listing/267108231/jumbo-raven-yarn-bowl-with-3-holeshttps://www.etsy.com/listing/267108231/jumbo-raven-yarn-bowl-with-3-holes
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
All shipping to USA is USPS-Priority, Parcel Select or First Class, depending on size and location, with delivery confirmation tracking.
All other locations, I will happily ship to and will calculate the actual cost, and let you know. Contact me about international sales and shipping rates. Thanks!
I accept Paypal, all Credit Cards through Etsy and postal money orders.
Custom orders must be paid for before I ship them to you. See additional information below about custom orders.
Returns & exchanges
I want you to be absolutely thrilled with your purchase. Let me know if you have any concerns about your order. I will refund any purchase if it is returned to me in the condition you received it, within two weeks after delivery.
Wholesale orders: I make all of my art, with no helpers, therefore wholesale orders are only possible during my non-holiday times and I can only offer a 20 - 40% discount based on quantity ordered. However, I'd love to hear from you about your needs and hopefully I can fill those needs.
I have over thirty years of experience making custom orders for individuals and nonprofit/corporate clients.
The process for ordering a custom item is:
1. You contact me, and we talk about what you are envisioning. I can let you know what is possible, and will strive to create your hearts desire.
2. We work together to create a "design agreement" which specifies the colors, design imagery, size, due date, cost, shipping. When we have come to an understanding about this design agreement, I will list a custom order in my shop just for you.
3. You place the custom order listing in your cart and send payment.
4. When I receive a notice that you have completed the payment transaction, I will begin the order and send it to you by the due date, as we agreed.
5. If you are not satisfied with the final art, talk to me. I will do whatever I can to assure your satisfaction, unless it involves something different from our design agreement. Sometimes, misunderstandings happen. I try to be super-specific during the design process with you to avoid these misunderstandings, but sometimes they slip through the cracks! I will do all I can to honor our design agreement and if you are not totally satisfied, we can discuss a refund or a discount. My customers in the past have been very happy, even ecstatic, about their custom orders, so I have great confidence that I can include *you* in that happy group.