This is a digital file
This is a sewing pattern (downloadable PDF) for a little bird designed by Ann Wood.
You will need Adobe Reader (free) to view this pattern
Skill level is advanced beginners to intermediate - small curves with small seam allowances - definitely tricky but I've included a video link within the pattern that's helpful.
Full sized pattern pieces
Detailed step-by-step instructions with color photographs and illustrations. The pdf file consists of 16 pages (including pattern sheets) and is about 15MB in size.
Links to instructional videos for sewing the body and making the legs
List of materials required
List of materials resources
Ideas and tips for embellishing
light tightly woven cotton fabric in 2 contrasting colors
wool or polyester stuffing ( I recommend wool)
2mm black sequins for eyes ( or as an alternative you can embroider eyes with black thread)
paper clay or some other air drying modeling material
brown floral tape
32 gauge cloth covered wire (or a pipe cleaner)
18 or 19 gauge steel wire
fine glitter or paint (optional)
The Little Bird pattern was designed by Ann Wood, copyright 2014. All rights reserved. Do not distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my written permission.
SELLING WHAT YOU MAKE:
* The birds must be made by hand, no mass production.
* Items must be made by the individual who purchased the pattern (retain you receipt).
* Credit is given to Ann Wood as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each bird.
* Online listings must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
* You may alter the pattern but all terms still apply.
I hope you make birds! If you do I'd love to see - you can share them here: