This is a set of 10 x SMALL plain paper gift bags - they're a lovely quality and are in the style of mini American grocery bags. They have a strong block bottom.
The bags measure 24cm high x 10cm wide x 6cm deep.
Perfect for decorating with ink stamps, patterned papers, stickers, paints, ribbons and other embellishments to make unique party, wedding favour or gift bags.
Available in Kraft Brown only.
We also stock a range of matching gifts tags, ink stamps, ribbons and trims - please take a look at our other items.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
I endeavour to dispatch all orders within 2-3 working days (most orders are dispatched Next Working Day). If there will be a delay I will contact you with a revised delivery date.
All items for delivery in the UK are sent by Royal Mail 1st Class. If the order is worth more than £50 it will be sent via Special Delivery to cover the insurance should the order be lost.
Most orders for international shipping will be sent by International Standard Small Parcel service unless advised otherwise. If you would like a fully tracked service please contact me before placing your order. Taxes and import duties payable overseas are your responsibility.
Your order will be carefully wrapped and sent to you in a waterproof or padded mailing bag.
In accordance with UK Consumer Contracts Regulations - you have 14 days to change your mind about your purchase and arrange with me to return it. Return postage will be at your expense.
Payment can be made via your Paypal account or with any credit or debit card. The checkout is powered by Paypal so you can be sure it is secure! I never see any of the details you enter at checkout except your name and address and the items you have purchased.
Please make payment within 3 days of placing your order. If this isn't possible please contact me so that we can work this out.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Postage payable for returning the order is your responsibility.
However, if the order is being returned due to a fault then all postage costs will be reimbursed upon receipt and inspection of the returned item plus proof of your postage costs.
1. Personal information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. The third parties with whom I share personal information
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. The length of time I keep personal information
5. If transferring personal information outside of Europe, how the transfer will be handled
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your buyers’ rights regarding my use of your personal information and my contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Claire Mills, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Claire@crabtreelane.co.uk. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Claire Mills, Crabtree Lane Ltd, Unit 18 Coach House, 138 Hanbury Road, Stoke Prior, Worcestershire B60 4JZ