NOTE - 50% discount for orders made by bookbinding guilds, academies or institutions. The discount applies for one tool ordered for use by the guild, academy (etc) itself. Please contact me directly if you are interested.
Band nippers are used to adjust the leather tightly around the spine bands when covering the binding. An essential tool for every binder.
Introducing Brass Band Nippers II The Brass Band Nippers offered by Dimitri's Bookbinding Corner have found home in binderies located in over a dozen different countries around the world and have received much praise for their design and functionality by professional binders and bookbinding enthusiasts alike.
Not stopping there and in my effort to provide the bookbinding community with useful and long lasting tools I have redesigned the brass band nippers and their manufacturing methods using feedback, personal experience and the aspects that made the tool popular to offer you an improved version.
IMPROVEMENTS: - Precision made The tool remains entirely handmade. However, introducing precision machinery in various stages of the tool's making has resulted in more even and smooth surfaces and -most importantly- better function.
- More robust The tool now has an additional 20% of mass compared to its predecessor making it even more resistant to wear and continuous use. Made to last, it will accompany you for a life-time.
- Bigger and wider jaws The jaws have been enlarged and also feature a wider span to make sure that you can have good results with headbands of various thicknesses.
WHAT HASN'T CHANGED: - Handmade Each brass band nipper is made entirely by hand and finished to produce smooth jaw edges suitable for fine bookbinding work and an overall matte finish.
- Made from Brass As with the previous version the tool is made from brass - a timeless metal used in many bookbinding tools. Brass doesn't rust and won't stain your book spine.
- Practical design A simple and efficient spring system at the top facilitates use.
1) 2-3 working days after payment for Books and 2) After the preparation time mentioned for Tools, please read carefully listing's text.
I ship items in safety packages or custom made ones from reinforced cardboard. Orders received at Friday will most likely be shipped on coming Monday.
DELIVERY ADDRESS The items are shipped to the address provided by Etsy and not the one on your Paypal. Please make sure that the address you select for delivery is the one you expect the item to be shipped to.
SHIPPING TIME Shipping time may vary and depends on the post offices. Keep in mind that customs, in case you're not in the EU, may delay your package a great deal. In general (with the occasional exception of very distant destinations) packages need;
A) 7-15 workings days for Europe B) 10-25 working days for USA and the rest of the world.
To pay using your Credit Card without a PayPal Account scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find the option to pay as PayPal guest, without having to sign up.
The Bookbinder's Bench reserves the right to refuse service or cancel transactions that are found invalid or void.
Returns & exchanges
I take great care to ensure that your order is shipped in time and is safely packaged. If there is a problem with your arrived item contact me and I will do my utmost to solve it. However please understand that I am not responsible for post office delays and bad handling and thus refunds will not be issued in such cases.
- I try to take clear and accurate pictures of my bindings and tools, however colors may differ depending on your screen and settings.
- All the items are handmade and therefore unique. Irregularities that may occur are considered natural when it comes to materials such as leather and are part of the handmade process, contributing to each creation's identity.