This is a digital file
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ IMPORTANT INFO: PDF SEWING PATTERN ONLY ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Stitch up your next cute handbag using this simple SEWING PATTERN.
This bag is an excellent size for the essentials and will hold a wallet, paper back book or eReader, small make-up bag, phone, water bottle, etc.
There are two roomy inset pockets with curved openings. The pockets span most of the width and about 3/4" of the height of the bag. The curved openings make it easy to slide your hand in and out.
This bag hangs on a 34" strap so for many people it will sit under the elbow and against the waist.
This project will take 4-6 hours to make for most people and is designed for someone with sewing experience making bags.
This PDF document is a printer and ink friendly 13-pages - 8-pages of text instructions with color photos + 5-pages of pattern pieces.
Intermediate Sewing Pattern: You have experience sewing fully lined bags, can install magnetic snaps and work with hardware for the straps.
Approximate Finished Dimensions: 9.5" at widest point at bottom x 9" high x 3" deep (front to back) x 7.5" opening x 34" strap (24cm x 23cm x 8cm x 19cm x 86cm)
Supplies (Materials You Provide):
• 1 yard 42" wide exterior fabric
• 1/2 yard 42" wide lining fabric
• 1 1/2 yards 20" wide fusible interfacing - Pellon SF101
• 1/3 yard 42" fusible fleece - Pellon 987F
• (2) 1" rectangle rings - solid cast or welded recommended
• (1) 14mm or 18mm prong style magnetic snap
• Fray Check or other seam sealant
• ruler or yardstick
• fabric marking pen or chalk
• basic sewing tools/notions (machine, scissors, thread, etc.)
Sew It & Sell It: Bags made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ COUPON CODE ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Save 10% on orders of $30 or more (base price in USD before any taxes or shipping charges) with the code: 30ormore
You might also like
More from this seller
Etsy Checkout payments can experience delays up to 48-hours for security screening. If your payment is selected for security screening, your shipment will be delayed and PDF patterns will not be available for download until the payment clears. You can also pay with PayPal. Sorry, no eChecks, money orders, cash, or bank transfers.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Digital documents can't be returned, so there are refunds or exchanges for patterns.
Please download, save, and store your pattern file(s) somewhere safe (i.e. not on your computer).
Lost files can be replaced for 30-days with proof of purchase (link to your receipt, or a copy of your email receipt). I don't sell, maintain, or store these documents indefinitely so if you lose your pattern in many cases it is irreplaceable.
If you want to keep these files indefinitely--or at least longer than your next computer crash or upgrade--the best option is to have a data backup system running, or store the files online. Storing them online can be as simple as emailing them to yourself at a gmail type account, or using a service like Drop Box or Box.net.
CUT/MADE TO ORDER GOODS:
Sorry, no refunds for items cut or made to order. This includes custom made buttons, fabric, interfacing, and any other items cut as continuous lengths the buyer specifies.
• Returned items must be in original condition.
• Shipping fees are not refundable. This includes the costs to ship it back and the original shipping cost you paid when submitting your order.
• Make sure to mail it back with "Delivery Confirmation" or some kind of tracking. This is to protect you should the package go missing in the mail. A refund isn't submitted for processing until the return package is received.
• Return package needs to be post marked within 30-days of your purchase.
• Once your package arrives a refund will be submitted within 48-hours. The time it takes to actually receive the refund credit in your account can vary. Questions regarding those processing times should be directed to etsy or your bank.
Shipments within the US are sent with "Delivery Confirmation". Please let me know if you have not received your package after 2 weeks. USPS online tracking information must show the package has not been delivered in order to qualify as a lost package.
Please credit Michelle Patterns in all written item descriptions. For example when selling online please include the following sentence, or other similar wording in your item description: "This item was made using a michellepatterns.com sewing pattern." A link to my etsy shop would also be greatly appreciated.
All items for sale must be handmade by you. Contracting with others to mass produce the designs is expressly prohibited.
Distribution of the pattern pieces and corresponding instructions is expressly prohibited.