Save 10% off by purchasing 2-piece sets of matching style!
The press buck: The tailor's anvil.
German-Style pressing bucks take the routine task of ironwork to a new level by providing a shapely surface which matches the body's natural contours instead of arguing with a flat surface. Watch your projects come to life quicker with professional results.
• Open Seam Allowances • Press and Crease edges • Shape, Stretch, and Shrink • Ease bubbling from darts and wedges • Form Collars, Pleats, Waistbands, Cuffs, and more • Baste Canvas Interfacings with increased accuracy and efficiency • Enhance the beauty of your sewing room
The Velveteen upholstery on Brass & Mortar Press Bucks help prevent fabric "glossing" while ironing, and it acts as a needle buffer when basting to help prevent accidentally sewing your garment to the ham. Felt pads allow the buck to slide around your tabletop for easy access without scratching your work surface.
The Basic edition is a sturdy essential workhorse form with melamine pressboard.
The Deluxe edition provides aesthetic beauty to your workroom through the selection your choice of:
• Various genuine exotic hardwoods • Genuine Leather strapping • Color of upholstery-grade colorfast velveteen covering • Many styles of decorative upholstery nails!
>> Which shape should I choose?:
• Egg – Good for shirts, jackets, coats, vests, and overcoats. Use the narrow top for sharper curves and the lower area for broader ones. Ideal for basting canvases via front edges.
• Hourglass – Concave mid-section for pressing and basting waist suppression. This and the Egg buck makes the perfect pair.
• Bean – Like the mighty spork, it combines the uses of the Egg and Hourglass into a single buck! Rotate your garment 180 degrees to work the opposing side. Not recommended for food consumption.
Casket – A straight, stiff surface even surface area for general purpose pressing and basting. Ideal for creasing pant legs, skirts, pleating kilts, etc.
>>> Full Product Details: • Full-sized Deluxe Pressing Buck – Pressing Ham and Pedestal Mount (1) – Risers (2) – Screws (2) – Pedestal Base (1) • Assembled Dimensions: 28” long, 12” wide, 11” tall • Weight: Around 20 lbs.
>>> Pressing Ham Details: • Heavy-duty cotton twill • Packed tight with wood flour (fine sawdust) • Hammered into shape • Cotton velveteen covering • Tacked onto a plywood pedestal w/ upholstery nails and leather binding
>>> Pedestal Details: • Hardwood plywood pedestal • Base is of choice hardwood • Elegant rounded base (Custom hand-carved ornamentation model shown) • 4-inch tall hardwood risers • Felt furniture pads to protect table surfaces • Zinc steel fasteners • Simple assembly guide w/ video, included
>>> Click "Request a Custom Order" for additional bespoke options! • Exotic Hardwoods (local supplier can order many different species) • Hand-engraved Ornamentation around Base edge (shown in photo) • Laser-etched logos and designs
I use USPS Priority Mail through Etsy. I can provide additional options on demand. Etsy provides confirmation of shipment and tracking number on the day the label is generated and printed.
Some items require limited assembly.
Payments are of course handled directly through Etsy, and are made via PayPal. If orders need to be cancelled, please let me know ASAP. I will charge for materials purchased (such as wood, fabric, hardware) upon cancellation.
Returns & exchanges
These are customized items. While I am willing to work with my customers for items they are dissatisfied with, I cannot offer refunds for custom-made items. To avoid these sort of issues, I make it a point to keep in good contact with customers and give progress pictures of items during their creation.
Please inform of us damaged items immediately upon receipt!
Custom made item materials are purchased on demand and are subject to availability. I will communicate with you during the creation process to keep you informed.
Please make sure that your Etsy Conversations email and notifications are kept up to date or else item creation might be delayed!