This is a digital file
This is a sewing pattern (downloadable PDF) for a felt boat ornament designed by Ann Wood. The pdf file consists of 15 pages (including pattern sheets) and is about 9 MB in size.
You will need Adobe Reader (free) to view this pattern
* The pattern for the Whale Ornament is sold separately
Skill level is beginners to intermediate
These little boats are quick and simple to make – charming holiday ornaments, perfect handmade gifts or make lots and make a mobile or garland – use all those little bits of fabric you’ve been saving.
The little felt boat pattern works well with my new free pattern - very nice mice :
Full sized pattern pieces
Detailed step-by-step instructions with color photographs and illustrations.
Link to an instructional video
• cardboard ( a cereal box is perfect)
• wool felt (8 inch square)
• cotton fabric and trim (for the sail)
• matching and contrasting thread
• embroidery thread
• sewing and embroidery needles
• fabric scissors
• paper scissors
• x-acto knife
• bamboo skewers (smaller size)
• glue stick
• Elmer’s Glue
• wire cutters ( or similar to trim skewers)
• small buttons
• optional: small wood beads and spools (optional)
The Felt Boat Pattern was designed by Ann Wood, copyright 2014. All rights reserved. Do not distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my written permission.
SELLING WHAT YOU MAKE:
* The Boats must be made by hand, no mass production.
* Items must be made by the individual who purchased the pattern (retain you receipt).
* Credit is given to Ann Wood as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each Boat.
* Online listings must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
* You may alter the pattern but all terms still apply.
I hope you make boats!