Berry Buddies and Berry Ornaments Crochet Pattern | Christmas Ornament | Character | Toy | Amigurumi | Crochet | Holiday Decorating
This is a digital file
This listing is for a CROCHET PATTERN. You will be receiving a digital download of instructions on how to make your own.
This little raspberry design was one of those happy accidents that sometimes occurs when I pick up a hook and yarn and start to experiment. It had been ages since I'd used the popcorn stitch in a project and for some reason I was inspired to revisit this classic stitch.
I grabbed the nearest yarn, which happened to be a 100% cotton that I typically use for dishcloths, and started making popcorns in the round. A few rounds later I had what looked like the base of a raspberry.
A little more experimenting and I'd figured out how to achieve the right shape and put cute leaves on top to cap off the berry.
I have enjoyed making these berries for use around my home and making different versions to gift to friends and family members. My young nieces were exceptionally impressed with the berries that I glued eyes and earrings and hats on, making little berry characters. Here are some ideas about how to use your berry creations:
* Hang berries on a Christmas tree. They are about the same size as ornaments.
* Arrange them in a decorative bowl for an unusual display with great texture and color.
* Add them to wreaths or garland.
* Make a berry mobile to hang in the baby's room.
* Glue eyes, nose & other fun accessories on your berries and turn them into fruity friends for your grandkids, nieces, and nephews to play with. (To avoid a choking hazard, berries with small parts glued on them should only be given to children over 3.
* Skip the step where you stuff the berry, and use the berry as a scrubby at your kitchen sink. The bumpy popcorn stitches are great for scrubbing dishes!
* Put one by your sewing machine and use it as a pincushion.
It only takes a small amount of yarn to construct a berry, so you can use up the leftovers in your yarn stash! And they work up quick so this is a less than an hour project.
This listing is for a crochet PATTERN that will be available to you as a digital download upon purchase. This listing is not for a completed physical craft item. The listing does not include any of the display items shown in the images. Patterns are a final sale, due to their digital nature they cannot be returned or refunded.