This is a digital file
It is a KNITTING PATTERN ONLY, not the actual cowl, so that you can make the item yourself with your own choice of yarn and color.
NOTE: Patterns are a final sale, due to their digital nature they cannot be returned or refunded.
This pattern is available in English, French and Russian (you will get 3 PDF files when buying the pattern).
Knit a trendy and adorable fox hooded cowl for the whole family! Worked seamlessly in one piece with aran or bulky yarn, it knits up in no time. Fitted with fun drawstrings to keep it snug, Sly Fox is the perfect way to wrap up on cold days and look cute as a button!
Sly Fox Cowl is worked in one piece from the bottom up. Beginning with the cowl knit in the round, the hood is then worked in rows, edged with a double knit drawstring casing. Shadow wraps short row technique developed by Alice Yu is used for shaping the stockinette hood, while the Garter stitch crown is shaped with wrap-and-turn short rows. However, you may substitute your preferred short-row method. The top of the hood is joined with 3-needle bind off to form ears.
S (M, L) XL to fit Baby (Toddler/Child, Teen/Adult) Large Adult
with head circumference 17-18 (19-20, 21-22) 23” / 43-46 (48-51, 53-56) 58 cm
19.5 (21.25, 23.75) 25.5" / 49 (53.5, 59) 63.5 cm
12.75 (14.75, 15.75) 17.75 / 32 (36.5, 39.5) 44 cm
- Bulky or Aran weight yarn - 88 (113, 130) 162 yards/ 80 (104, 120) 150 meters each of MC and CC1 plus a small amount of CC2 for drawstring ends
- Shown in Phildar Frimas (50% Wool, 50% Cotton; 86 yd / 79 m per 50 g skein)
MC Camel, CC1 Corail, CC2 Black
- US 10 / 6 mm 32"/80 cm circular needle
- US 10 / 6 mm 16"/40 cm circular needle
- US 10 / 6 mm dpns
- US 6 / 4 mm dpns
- 5 stitch markers, safety pin for pulling drawstring through casing, small stitch holder, tapestry needle, 3 buttons 1⁄2" / 1 .5 cm diameter, sewing needle and matching thread
14 stitches and 19 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette St
Long-Tail cast on, knit, purl, working in the round, short rows, double knitting, 3-needle bind off, I-cord
This pattern has been test knitted and professionally tech edited, but if you believe that you have found an error, please contact me.
Upon completed payment you will receive an email with a link to your product downloads. You may also access your downloads, at any time, by viewing your Etsy Purchases page:
go to Your Account > Purchases and Reviews and look for the order.
To the right of the order, click Download Files. This goes to the Downloads page for all the files attached to your order.
There are generally no limits for when or how many times you can download a file. In most cases you can access a file any time on your Purchases page.
If you are experiencing issues viewing/printing your pattern, can you make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader, which is available for free here (copy and paste the link):
Pattern and finished products only for personal non commercial use
Garments knit from this pattern may not be sold commercially
You might also like
More from this seller
Etsy keeps your payment information secure. Etsy shops never receive your credit card information.
Returns & exchanges
Be sure to read all item descriptions carefully before making a purchase.
NOT A KNITTER?
Find a list of licensed knitters who can make finished knits made from my patterns for you
© Ekaterina Blanchard [KatyTricot]
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.
• Patterns are for personal, non-commercial use only. All commercial use, as well as reproduction, publication, or distribution (including distribution of the digital file) without permission of the copyright owner is strictly prohibited. You may not sell finished items made from my patterns without special permission.
Thank you for respecting my designer rights.
• All photos are copyrighted by KatyTricot. Use of any photo or link to a photo for commercial purposes that belongs to KatyTricot is strictly prohibited!