The Sonata is a full-size spinning wheel that folds into a small and compact package. It is perfect for traveling, guild and festival gatherings or simply storage. It has a solid feel and footprint with plenty of foot room and easy treadling on double treadles. The orifice is at a comfortable and adjustable height. It features attention grabbing spokes with cuts, curves and character in every piece of wood.
A custom-made, heavily padded bag is included.
If you are within driving distance of north Texas, come test drive the Sonata at my brick-and-mortar store in Farmersville!
More details: Optional flyers can add to the total range. The Jumbo Flyer offers lower ratios and a larger orifice (.70″), and the Faster Flyer increases the ratio range up to 18:1.
• Wheel diameter: 19″
• Folded dimensions: 22″ by 19″
• Orifice: Height 30″ (can be raised as much as 2″), size – 3/8″
• Bobbins: Three included that will fit all other Kromski wheels. Kromski bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins.
• Single drive with Scotch tension
• Includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil; uses an elastic drive band
• Ratios: 6.7, 12.5, 14 to 1; see optional Jumbo and Faster flyers below for other ratio ranges.
• Ball bearings on wheel crank; flyer bearings are custom designed injection molded parts engineered by Kromski for excellent performance.