It is a great project for the beginner sewist. This tutorial will walk you through each step of cutting and sewing with detailed descriptions pictures and diagrams
This bag will be the highlight of your spring handmade collection. It is easy to sew, and combinations of the design are endless. You can play and have lots of fun by picking the fabric patterns for your own unique design.
Approximate finished dimensions: - wide 26 cm x tall 30 cm x deep 5 cm (apprx. 10 ¼ x 11 ¾ x 2 inch)
Pattern consists of 16 pages of step by step instructions, lots of photos, and 3 pages of full size printable pattern pieces. *please consider the greener environment, and print only pattern pieces!*
What you need: This bag is designed to be made out of fabric scraps, but you will need more than a FQ for main body. In this tutorial I used medium weight quilting cotton. Other light/medium weight fabrics can also be used.
- A: exterior fabric – front and back (red) 60x35 cm (apprx. 23 5/8” x 13 3/4”)
- B: lining fabric and inner pocket (dotted) 80x50 cm (31 1/2 x 19 3/4”)
- C: exterior fabric – sides and front pocket (flower) 35x50 cm (13 3/4” x 19 3/4”)
- D: straps and front pocket lining (checked) 20x50 cm (7 7/8” x 19 3/4”)
- E: interfacing 80x50cm (31 1/2 x 19 3/4”)
Magnetic snap 18mm (3/4") in diameter (optional)
**** Conversion cm to inch: in this pattern I used 1/8" graduations when converting cm to in, so some of conversions are approximate, like 10cm = 4" **** Due to the digital nature of this item, all sales are final. Feel free to contact me with any questions!