This is a digital file
This knitting pattern can help you create a beautiful shawl-collared aran sweater, like the ones pictured here. The sweater may fit a variety of slim bodied 18 inch dolls, but is specifically fitted to Kaye Wigg's 18" MSD BJD dolls. The sweater is knitted from the hem up, with set-in sleeves. The stitches for the shawl collar are picked up and knit after the sweater is complete. The sweater is fully open in back for ease of dressing, and I close my sweaters with snaps.
Instructions are included for either having a lapped collar, like the cream sweater, or a turtleneck, like the periwinkle sweater.
* Lightweight fingering yarn--I used "Palette" or "Stroll", available from www.knitpicks.com.
* Knitting Needles sized 000 and 0 (1.5 & 2 mm). For knitting for dolls, I prefer using 16" circular needles, and love the Addi Turbo brand.
* 4 place markers
* 6 sets of 4/0 snaps & matching thread for finishing
* optional button embellishment (2 miniature buttons)
* With size 0 needles in stockinette stitch, 20 stitches & 26-27 rows in a 2 x 2 inch (5.1 cm) square.
This purchase is for a KNITTING PATTERN, not the doll or clothing pictured.