This is a digital file
Leon Lion loves to bake! He made an extra fancy cake with lots of pretty swirls for a birthday party. :-)
Check out that shaggy mane! It's made with an easy stitch called Turkey work. The pattern includes a link to a video showing how to do it.
Get ready to settle in for a bit of handsewing with lovely wool felt. Embroidering on wool felt is a joy – a total delight for the eyes and the fingers.
Plus – handsewing is portable. Take it with you to soccer games, Girl Scout meetings, you name it.
It’s also faster than you think. Leon only takes a few evenings to make!
What You Get
* A digital pattern delivered instantly by email
* Full-sized pattern pieces for Leon, his crown, and his cake. No need to enlarge anything!
* A 13-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
* Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
What You’ll Need
* 1 sheet of felt for Leon
* smaller pieces of felt for the cake, crown, vest and pants
* embroidery thread to match the felt
* 2 4.5mm safety eyes
* 1 pipecleaner
* 3 1/4″ black buttons
* 1 bugle bead and 1 yellow seed bead
* polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
* 4 3/8″ buttons
* freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
* Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (optional, but recommended)
The finished Leon is 8 inches tall (not counting his crown).
This is a very easy pattern, appropriate for beginners.
This pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV. You’ll be whipping up a horde of party animals in no time! Get the pattern now. (And I actually mean now. It’s an instant download.)
© Wendi Gratz 2014
This pattern is for personal use only and is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern. You may, however, sell things you make with the pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.