Did you know that The Bratelier is now a part of Colormusing.com? Find our complete selection of fabulous kits and much more here: http://www.colormusing.com/collections/my-bratelier
You can make this gorgeous lace-trimmed thong yourself, with all the materials you need included in this kit! (You'll need to bring your own pattern and thread.)
Here's what you'll receive:
1. Teal green 90% bamboo/10% Spandex jersey-knit fabric, approx. 20" x 16" 2. Black 6"-wide stretch galloon lace, approx. 4 feet (1 1/3 yds.) 3. Natural (undyed, shown in photos) cotton knit for crotch lining, approx. 7" x 9" NEW: Crotch lining fabric is now also available in black (95% cotton/5% spandex); be sure to choose color when ordering. 4. Black 3/4" satin-finish foldover elastic (3/4" total width before folding), approx. 45"
These quantities of each material and trim are MORE than I used to make my size XL sample thong.
1. There is NO PATTERN included in this kit; I thought you'd like to choose your own.
2. The pattern I started with for my sample is Kwik-Sew 3881 (http://kwiksew.mccall.com/k3881-products-20414.php?page_id=5564), View D, which I've modified to use the wide lace trim on top.
3. I've written 2 blog posts for this thong project, the first showing how to make the pattern modifications (http://mybratelier.com/2015/04/01/its-a-thong-story/); the second post shows how to sew it together (http://mybratelier.com/2015/04/04/its-a-thong-story-and-now-its-done/).
4. The blog posts also include instructions for sewing with foldover elastic.
5.If using the wash bag, machine-wash in cool/cold water on the delicate cycle, and air-dry your pieces (please don't put them in the dryer!). Otherwise, I recommend that you hand-wash and air-dry your hand-made panty. For the first two washes, I also recommend keeping your panty separate from other items, just in case there's any color bleeding. (This can happen with commercially-dyed fabrics, and well as hand-dyed ones.)
6. Your kit will be packaged in the handy mesh wash bag (last photo), perfect for laundering your delicates! This bag is 14" x 18" with a nylon zipper. The bag in the photo has already been through the wash several times; there's 1 bra and 1 panty inside, to give you an idea of its capacity.
NOTE: Because of the size of the mesh, I'd recommend fastening your bra's hook & eye closure before putting it in the bag.
Don't need the bag? Just choose "No" in the drop-down menu under the question, "Include bag?"
Of course, you are free to use any pattern you want, as long as the pieces will work with this kit's material sizes! (If you're not sure, lay your pattern pieces out in a space no bigger than 20" x 16".)
SHIPPING: Since shipping costs can now be calculated within Etsy, based on my location and yours, international shipping is now available! Please understand that I cannot tell, from my end of things, what your shipping cost will show up to be. If you have any questions, please ask prior to placing your order. Thank you!
Under most circumstances, I'll ship your order within 1 business day of receiving your order and payment. If this is for some reason not possible, I'll let you know ASAP (and beg your forgiveness). If you need expedited shipping, please ask me about this prior to placing your order.
Payment is expected when you place your order.
Returns & exchanges
I really, really want you to be happy with your purchases from theBratelier, but if for some reason you're not, please tell me and give me an opportunity to fix things, okay?
I can only accept returned items if they're in exactly the condition I sent them in; for example, if you've cut any of the materials, you won't be able to return them. Digital items can NOT be returned.
If you absolutely must return your order, the return shipping cost is your responsibility. But again, please give me the chance to work with you first. Thank you!
Because most of my kits contain hand-dyed materials, I must recommend strongly that you hand-wash the items you make with them. This will not only make your lingerie last longer in general, but also help the colors to last. All my dyed pieces have been thoroughly washed and rinsed after dyes are set, but there's always a slight chance of a minimal amount of color bleed (this is pretty normal even on clothes that you buy ready-made). So washing your items separately from others is always a good precaution.
If you have any questions at all about my dyeing process, absolutely feel free to ask!