This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the Knitting PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
This crescent shaped shawl pattern was inspired by the lovely shell shaped lace (“schelp” in Dutch) featured in the scalloped edge. Combined with the soft texture of the garter stitch body, the shawl will keep you nice and warm in the winter and on other chilly days.
The shawl is worked bottom-up, starting with the border. Easy short row shaping creates the crescent shape. The lace pattern for the border is provided in both chart and written instructions.
This pattern features short rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp and yo as well as slipping and wrapping stitches. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
168 cm (66 inches) measured along the upper edge and a depth of 39 cm (15 1⁄4 inches).
This shawl can easily be made larger or smaller by casting on more (or less) stitches. This will of course change the yarn requirements.
- Written for a gauge of approx. 15.5 sts / 36 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) measured over garter stitch, gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
- The sample shawl was knit using 6 skeins of Katia Merino 100% in color 42 [100% wool; 102 m (111 yds) per 50 g skein]. Substitute any DK or worsted weight yarn for a similar result, substitute sport weight yarn for a smaller shawl.
- A circular needle size 5 mm (US Size 8), 80 cm (32 inch) long was used for the sample. Use needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- Yarn needle
- Cable needle
- 14 stitch markers (optional)
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.