This is a digital file
Say good-bye to all of those messy threads, clippings and cuttings that are generated while in creative mode. What would likely hit the floor will now have it's own tidy little landing place. My Sew Sassy Thread Catcher is a pincushion and a trash bag all in one! How clever is that? Oh, and don't forget the handy little scissor holder, too!
The Sew Sassy Thread Catcher is an essential accessory if you sew, quilt, craft, scrapbook, knit or crochet. It perches prettily to the left or the right of your work surface, stays firmly in place, and is ready to receive your cuttings and clippings.
My TUTORIAL STYLE pattern includes easy to follow, detailed instructions along with 65 photographs illustrating the steps along the way. There are also fabric cutting instructions as well as tips and hints.
The paper pieced pincushion goes together much faster and easier than you might expect, and the end result is SO incredibly pretty! Detailed instructions for this foundation pieced pincushion are included along with the printable template. It's the perfect beginners paper piecing project!
The pincushion, measuring 4 1/2" square by 2" tall, is attached to the tile base with hook and loop tape (Velcro) so it can be removed for those times when you need the pincushion, but not the receptacle bag.
The bag measures 5 3/4" deep and is 5 1/2" across. It has boning inserted in the top cuff to keep the bag open at all times and features a contrasting trim strip where the cuff meets the bag. For more practicality, add the optional tab to hold your small scissors.
My thread catcher is portable and travels nicely to classes and workshops.
These little beauties make perfect gifts for anyone who sews, quilts, does bead work, scrap booking or any variety of creative crafts.
You may wish to purchase the Sew Sassy Thread Catcher Pattern/Supply Kit Combo or the single Supply Kit, both available here in my shop.
Or... you might want to buy a finished product. Check them out here. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CurryBungalow
Upon receipt of payment you will receive an email with the pattern attached as a PDF file, ready to save and/or print.
As I am so fond of saying,... Bet you can't make just one!
Materials and Supplies needed are:
• Outside Bag Fabric - (1) Fat Quarter
• Bag lining, ceramic tile cover, hanging tab, scissors tab - (1) Fat Quarter
• Contrasting Trim Strip Fabric – 1 7/8” x 18”
• Coordinating small scraps for pincushion
• Thread to match fabrics
• Ceramic tile – (1) 4" x 4" ceramic tile (available at hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowe’s)
• Sew-In Interfacing
• small piece lightweight iron on interfacing
• 1 sheet of freezer paper for printing the pincushion template
• 2 pieces of Hook and Loop Tape
• Crushed Walnut Shells for pincushion filling or the filling of your choice.
• 1 piece non-slip shelf liner – (such as Rubbermaid Grip-It Shelf and Drawer Liner)
• Scraps of cotton batting - Warm and Natural type
• Water Soluble or Disappearing Ink Marking Pen
• Ruler – A small clear acrylic quilting ruler works well
• Tacky Glue or other craft glue.
• A button for the center of the medallion on the pincushion
I am always available to answer questions or offer any help that I can as you make your SEW SASSY Thread Catcher.
You might also like
More from this seller
I accept payment via PayPal, credit cards and Etsy Gift Cards.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
I hold the registered United States Copyright for all of my patterns. My original design patterns are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Feel free to make as many as you like for gifts, but making items for sale is prohibited without express permission from the designer.
Copying and/or distributing my digital pattern files, in whole or in part, without my express permission is prohibited under copyright law.