This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the Knitting PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
This shawl design was inspired by the bold circle (“cirkel” in Dutch) featured in the border. This wonderfully eye catching lace reminds me of the bridges of Paris, crossing the Seine.
Cirkels is knit sideways from tip to tip. Increases / decreases are worked one stitch every other row, creating a shallow triangle. The lace border features triple yarn overs, giving it its distinct circles. Because the border is knit at the same time as the body of the shawl, time needed for finishing is minimal.
This pattern features a stockinette body with a simultaneously knit garter stitch lace edging. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, kfb, M1, yo, triple yo and a centered double decrease. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Size and finished measurements
Wingspan of 145 cm (57 inch) and a depth of 50 cm (20 inch), measured after blocking.
- Written for a gauge of 18 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette after blocking, gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 4 pages in the English version and 5 pages for the Dutch version (A4 size)
- 420 m (460 yds) / 100 g Regia 4 fädig / 4 ply sock yarn [75% wool, 25% nylon; 210 m (230 yds) / 50 g skein]. Substitute any fingering weight yarn for a similar result.
- A circular needle size 4 mm (US #6), 80 cm (32 inch) long was used for the sample shawl.
- Yarn needle
- 1 stitch marker
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.