DIY lacy panty KIT, all white dyeable materials, all fabrics & trims included (choose your own pattern)— FREE wash bag included!
Did you know that The Bratelier is now a part of Colormusing.com? Find our complete selection of fabulous kits and much more here: http://www.colormusing.com/collections/my-bratelier
You can make this beautiful lacy panty yourself, with all the materials you need included in this kit, including powernet to line the front panel for a little extra support! (You'll need to provide your own pattern and thread.)
You can certainly leave your panty white, or take advantage of the dyeability of its materials to create your own custom-colored panty, as shown in the last photo.
The materials you'll receive are exactly what you'll need to make the panty shown; quantities are actually slightly larger than what I used for my size XL sample.
Here's what you'll receive (numbers correspond to materials in the second photo):
1. White flower embellishment, 1
2. Nylon/Spandex medium-heavy powernet fabric (for front backing), white, approx. 13" x 12"
3. Swiss dot soft, 100% nylon stretchy mesh fabric, approx. 13" x 14" (enough for the front panel + crotch)
4. Foldover elastic (for legs), 5/8" wide, white, approx. 52"
5. All-over lace fabric, 70% nylon/30% rayon, white, approx. 16" x 16"
6. Cotton knit (for crotch lining), off-white, 95% cotton/5% Spandex, black, approx. 10" x 9"
7. Foldover elastic (for waistband), 1 3/8" wide, white, approx. 36"
ABOUT DYEING THESE MATERIALS: The main fabric (5) retains its white flower outlines when dyed, as you can see in the 4th photo. The flower embellishment seems to pick up very little dye. This sample was dyed with acid dyes, which don't work well on the cotton crotch lining fabric, although mine did turn a pale lavender.
In my sample, I've chosen to use the powernet as a backing for the sheer, soft Swiss dot material used on the front panel of my panty; the Swiss dot is a very stretchy mesh fabric that's lighter-weight than the main lace, so the powernet gives it stability.
1. There is NO PATTERN included in this kit; I thought you'd like to choose your own.
2. The pattern I started with for my sample is MakeBra's DL21 (http://www.makebra.com/products-page/brief-pattern/). This pattern has no side seams; the back piece wraps around to the front, meeting the front panel.
3. I've written a blog post for this panty project, including instructions for inserting the mesh trim into the front seams, and links to my complete tutorials for sewing the enclosed crotch lining seams, and for attaching the foldover elastic to the top band and legs. (http://mybratelier.com/2015/06/30/dye-iy-the-little-white-panty-project/). Just posted: A blog post about how I dyed this panty! (http://mybratelier.com/2015/07/01/dye-iy-the-little-white-panties-that-were/)
4. If using the wash bag, machine-wash in cool/cold water on the delicate cycle, and air-dry your pieces (please don't put them in the dryer!). Otherwise, I recommend that you hand-wash and air-dry your hand-made panty. For the first two washes, I also recommend keeping your panty separate from other items, just in case there's any color bleeding.
5. Your kit will be packaged in the handy mesh wash bag (last photo), perfect for laundering your delicates! This bag is 14" x 18" with a nylon zipper. The bag in the photo has already been through the wash several times; there's 1 bra and 1 panty inside, to give you an idea of its capacity.
NOTE: Because of the size of the mesh, I'd recommend fastening your bra's hook & eye closure before putting it in the bag.
Don't need the bag? Just choose "No" in the drop-down menu under the question, "Include bag?".
6. There's also a matching dyeable bra, now also available in a separate kit! (https://www.etsy.com/listing/236992172/diy-sheer-lace-trimmed-bra-kit-all-white?ref=shop_home_active_1)
Of course, you are free to use any pattern you want, as long as the pieces will work with this kit's material sizes! (If you're not sure, lay your pattern pieces out in spaces corresponding to the material sizes listed above.)
QUESTIONS? Please ask before you order!
SHIPPING: Since shipping costs can now be calculated within Etsy, based on my location and yours, international shipping is now available! Please understand that I cannot tell, from my end of things, what your shipping cost will show up to be. If you have any questions, please ask prior to placing your order. Thank you!
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
Under most circumstances, I'll ship your order within 1 business day of receiving your order and payment. If this is for some reason not possible, I'll let you know ASAP (and beg your forgiveness). If you need expedited shipping, please ask me about this prior to placing your order.
Payment is expected when you place your order.
Returns & exchanges
I really, really want you to be happy with your purchases from theBratelier, but if for some reason you're not, please tell me and give me an opportunity to fix things, okay?
I can only accept returned items if they're in exactly the condition I sent them in; for example, if you've cut any of the materials, you won't be able to return them. Digital items can NOT be returned.
If you absolutely must return your order, the return shipping cost is your responsibility. But again, please give me the chance to work with you first. Thank you!
Because most of my kits contain hand-dyed materials, I must recommend strongly that you hand-wash the items you make with them. This will not only make your lingerie last longer in general, but also help the colors to last. All my dyed pieces have been thoroughly washed and rinsed after dyes are set, but there's always a slight chance of a minimal amount of color bleed (this is pretty normal even on clothes that you buy ready-made). So washing your items separately from others is always a good precaution.
If you have any questions at all about my dyeing process, absolutely feel free to ask!