Good condition. Recipes from 1980's. Soups, Sandwiches, appetizers, snacks, all-American sauces. A century's worth of proven, simple, highly popular food secrets.
ABOUT OUR SHOP
BooksNLights will ship your treasure in 3 to 5 business days. We prefer using Priority Mail. If you prefer a different method, please note that at check out or convo us.
We prefer to see sales transactions as "treasure transfers," because we also love the nostalgic, whimsical treasures - many of which we discover (in some cases "rescue") at estate sales and auctions. Our shop includes:
- Antique and vintage figurines, from Disney characters and Mexican pottery figures to owls, owls and more owls. (We're kinda obsessed with owls).
- An eclectic selection of paper ephemera: travel and tour guides and memorabilia, periodicals dating from the early 1900s, beer coasters from Germany and Austria, travel postcards dating to the 1940s (good selection from Italy/Rome, Germany/Austria, United States, England, others), and more.
- More books than some small-town libraries, with a lot of vintage "coffee-table" type books, reference and encyclopedia volumes, hardback biographies, military and air travel history, biking and automobiling, vintage and antique children's books, more vintage cookbooks than Betty Crocker, and books repurposed as lamps or bundled with vintage postcards, a skeleton key and other yesteryear keepsake to display as home decor or a centerpiece for a wedding or other special occasion that needs that vintage, whimsical touch.
- New items at least every other week - often enough that you'll want to make browsing BooksNLights part of your regular visits to Etsy.
It's also important to remember that our items are vintage and often downright antique - meaning, they have a few years on them. With that in mind, you're encouraged to handle items carefully - especially our books and paper ephemera. We also do our best to remove any musty, stored-in-the-attic smells. Some people seem to like that "old library" smell. Others, not so much.
At any rate: handle with care. And thank you for browsing our digital aisles.
- Unless otherwise requested, we ship all treasures via USPS, and prefer to send Priority Mail except for paper ephemera and other items that qualify as media mail. But the shipping method is up to you, and if your preferred method is not listed in our drop-down menu, please let us know. - Orders are shipped within 5 business days. Please add two days for holiday periods. We will accommodate express shipping requests in 1 to 2 days if you choose that option at the time of purchase. - All Priority packages have free insurance up to $50. If you desire additional insurance, please request a custom order so we can figure that cost. - We address international shipping on a case-by-case basis, though we have not encountered any unexpected issues shipping to the U.K., Canada, some regions of Asia, Europe and Australia. - We carefully package, handle and ship all treasures in sturdy, secure boxes and mailers, denoting "fragile" contents when appropriate. Please be aware that once the package is scanned by the U.S. Postal Service, the post office assumes responsibility for continued carefully handling. That's why there's insurance, and that's why we strongly recommend Priority shipping.
We accept PayPal and will ship upon payment confirmation. Please ask about custom orders and combining purchases to avoid unnecessary shipping charges.
Returns & exchanges
- You must inspect your package or mailer and contents within 48 hours of delivery at the address specified in your purchase in order for us to replace the or refund the cost of a damaged item. Please contact us first if there's any issue with the package or item once you receive it - within 48 hours - so we can work out the proper remedy. In most cases, we will ask you to ship the item back to us at your cost, using appropriate mailing and packing materials, before issuing a refund. - We are unable to cancel an order once it has been shipped. - Refunds or replacements (when possible) are offered only or damaged treasures. We take great care to represent the color, condition and quality of all treasures in the item description and photos, but slight color difference is sometimes evident from the actual item to the photograph. If there's a chip, tear or any kind of blemish - even age and natural wear - we do our best to point that out.
We love custom orders, personal contact/conversations, and any questions or comments you have. We also appreciate you leaving us a sterling review for the treasure transfer, but if for any reason you feel you are unable to give us a 5-star rating, please, please contact us first and we will do everything possible to make sure you are satisfied - as satisfied as we'd want to be if we were on your end of the treasurer transfer.