This is a digital file
*****PDF knitting PATTERN for Owl Pompom Hat - toddler to large adult.*******
***** SCARF pattern available separately.************
A lovely snug hat for those cold winter days, with a cute owl on.
The chunky/bulky yarn knits up quickly and is lovely and warm, and as this is an easy/intermediate pattern, the only skills you need to know are cast/bind on and off, knit, purl, knit or purl 2 tog and very simple cable. (Even if you’ve never cabled before, you will still be able to do this cable! As long as you’ve got a cable needle!)
Instructions are written line by line and are in English, with British and American terms.
Knitted on 2 needles and sewn up the back.
Measurements; to fit head circumference - toddler 45.5-48cm/18-19in, child 51-53cm/20-21in, adult 56-58cm/22-23in, large adult 61+cm/24+in.
Actual hat size; round un-stretched edge – toddler 42cm/16.5in, child 46cm/18in, adult 48cm/19in, large adult 51cm/20in. ( i.e. there is a negative ease of approx –
toddler 3.5 cm/1.5in, child 5cm/2in, adult 8cm/3in, large adult 10cm/4in.)
Length; toddler 18cm/7in, child 20.5cm/8in, adult 21.5cm/8.5in, large adult 23cm/9in.
(If you want to adjust the length, it is possible to add in 2 or 4 extra rows before shaping the top. This adds 1cm/0.4in for every 2 rows.)
• 1 x 100g ball Stylecraft Life Chunky in Cardinal, or Bracken or any other colour.
(Most chunky/ bulky yarns work well with this pattern, but check your tension/gauge).
• 5.5mm (UK5 - USA9 ) and 6.5mm (UK3 – USA 10.5) knitting needles.
• 2 brown/black buttons approx 11mm (3/8in) and matching cotton thread OR a small amount of black yarn to oversew and make the eyes.
• A cable needle approx 6.5mm.
• A tapestry needle (a large needle for yarn), and a thinner needle for the cotton thread.
• Pompom maker 85mm (3 and 3/8in). (If you prefer, you could use 2 circles of card to make your pompom the traditional way.)
Patterns cannot be returned or refunded, owing to their nature, but I am always willing to help, so if you have a problem, please convo me.
*************** You will find your download in your 'Purchases and Reviews' section. You may need to log into your Etsy account via your normal web browser, as I'm not sure if Digital files can be accessed via the Etsy app on a tablet or handheld device. **********
All patterns and photographs are copyrighted and are not to be copied or reproduced. Items made may be sold for profit (on a small scale only such as Etsy and charity fayres), but please credit 'The Lonely Sea' and include a link to my shop in your listing or at point of sale. Thank you.
For more patterns, please visit >>>>>>>>>>>>>
You might also like
More from this seller
PAYMENT - I accept payment through Paypal, credit or debit card, and Etsy gift tokens.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
READY KNITS can be returned in original condition, at the buyers expense, for a full refund if unsuitable. Please note all washing instructions, as I don't refund if it has shrunk in the wash! 😊