This is a digital file
This is a sewing pattern (downloadable PDF) for little forest folk, a bunny and a squirrel. The pdf file consists of 23 pages (including pattern sheets) and is about 11 MB in size.
You will need Adobe Reader (free) to view this pattern
Skill level is advanced beginners to intermediate
These little forest friends fit perfectly in the palm of your hand and are cozy in your pocket. Full instructions for a bunny and squirrel are included and the basic body shape works well for all sorts of other little forest creatures – by modifying the tail and ears you could make chipmunks, skunks, beavers gophers etc. etc.
The bunny and squirrel measure 3 1/2 to 4 inches tall finished – a great way to use wool scraps.
They can be hand or machine sewn – for beginners I recommend hand sewing. If you can straight stitch and whip stitch you can easily accomplish a forest friend.
Full sized pattern pieces
Lots and lots of detailed step-by-step instructions with color photographs and a resource list.
• fabric - light wool, flannel, cotton or felt - see fabric notes
• wool or polyester stuffing
• matching sewing thread
• embroidery thread
• sewing and embroidery needles
in a variety of sizes
• fabric scissors
• paper scissors
• pencil or disappearing marker
Fabric Notes :
The pattern is designed for light wool but felt, flannel and cotton work as well. The shape will vary slightly depending on the give of the fabric. If you are a beginner I recommend light wool.
An 8 X 16 inch piece of fabric is more than enough for one little creature.
The Forest Folk Pattern was designed by Ann Wood, copyright 2014. All rights reserved. Do not distribute this pattern electronically or in hard copy without my written permission.
SELLING WHAT YOU MAKE:
* The items must be made by hand, no mass production.
* Items must be made by the individual who purchased the pattern (retain you receipt).
* Credit is given to Ann Wood as the pattern designer on a tag affixed to each item.
* Online listings must contain a direct link to where the pattern can be purchased.
* You may alter the pattern but all terms still apply.
I hope you make forest folk!