1952-52 Pan Pacific Jamboree Songbook - SONGS,SHANTIES,ROUNDS AND HYMNS Slight browning of cover and pages - otherwise perfect. Named on front inside cover.
Clifford Park was once part of the original thousand acre grazing property known as Yarra Brae Farm which bordered the Yarra River at Wonga Park and had been available to scouts by courtesy of the various owners since the 1920's. Lord Clifford became the owner of the farm in 1942. In 1948 he offered the use of approximately 480 acres to Scouts Australia for the 3rd Pan Pacific Jamboree. Referred to as "Yarra Brae Jamboree", it was the first post-war international scout gathering and attracted 11,000 scouts and scouters from around the world. Again in 1955, Lord Clifford offered the property to Scouts Australia for the 5th Pan Pacific Jamboree. Known this time as the "Clifford Park Jamboree" and remembered as the "Mudboree", the event attracted 16,000 participants from 25 countries.