This is a digital file
Crochet pattern only!
This fun, playful and quite realistic hat captures the spirit of the mighty Gorilla and inspires any child's imagination to run wild. The hat features a furry cap design with braided ties, ears and an adorable ape face. The pattern sizing accommodates all ages from 1 year old to adult. A great gift idea that is perfect for chilly days, picture time, back to school or just "monkeying" around.
This product is a digital product and is delivered as a PDF. (22 pages) The level is intermediate. The pattern is easy to follow. It is written in English using US crochet terms and includes diagrams and photos.
6-18 months 16” - 18”
18-36 months 18” - 19 ½”
3-5 years 19 ½” - 20 ½”
5-8 years 20 ½”- 21 ½”
8 years - pre-teen 21 ½” - 22 ½”
teen - adult 22 ½” - 23 ½”
only Fun Fur - 7 hdc x 6 rows = 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm)
Fun Fur held together with worsted weight yarn - 6 hdc x 5 rows = 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm)
Materials you will need:
- 2 skeins of black fun fur by Lion Brand 100% polyester for the hat (any black worsted weight yarn size 4 (one 3.5 oz. skein) if you want to make your hat warmer and work holding two strands of yarn together).
- Small amounts of worsted weight yarn size 4, 100% acrylic
Grey for the mouth/nose, ears and braided ties, black for ear flaps, nostrils and lip line, beige for eyes
(Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand 100% acrylic yarn was used in this design. Colors: Charcoal Grey, Black and Beige)
- Hook I/9-5.50 mm for the hat, H/8-5.00 mm for the mouth/nose and ears
- Yarn needle for attaching parts to the hat
- Polyester fiberfill material
- Two (2) - 3/4” (2 cm) buttons (brown or black)
- Sewing needle and thread (brown or black)
Skills you will need:
chain, single crochet, half-double crochet, work in rounds, increasing, decreasing, braiding.
Special thanks to our child model Frank and his photographer Jennifer Grover of Country Blessings Photography in Bluffton, Indiana.
This listing is for a PDF pattern download ONLY. This is not a finished item.
There are no returns or refunds for digital products.
Before purchasing, please review and agree with the listing description and our shop policies.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
We do our best to reply promptly.
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION and TERMS OF SALE
• All imagery, photos, and patterns are copyrighted by Jenia Daugherty. All rights are reserved.
• Do not copy, share, resell, or forward this pattern to anyone. No part of this work may be reproduced transmitted or published in any form or by any means.
• By purchasing you agree that this pattern WILL NOT be used for any type of mass production / manufacturing.
• You can sell you finished item on limited basis so long as you provide a design reference to Jenia Daugherty. Example: Pattern by Jenia's Designs.
• If you are using the pattern to produce commercial products, you must agree to take your own pictures to represent your produced work from this pattern.