This is a digital file
Please note that this listing is for a PDF knitting pattern, not a finished knitted item! All sales are final.
Artifact Hat, which features a motif reminiscent of ancient pottery and architectural design, is a versatile pattern suitable for both men and women. This is a lightweight hat accentuated by a folded ribbed band to increase warmth around the ears, an intricate stranded motif, and a little bit of slouch. It offers a great chance to experiment with your favorite semisolid and variegated colorways. No need to catch floats, as no floats exceed five stitches in length!
This pattern is recommended for intermediate level knitters who are comfortable with stranded colorwork, reading from charts, and knitting in the round.
• Approximately 230 yards of Main Color in fingering/sock weight yarn
• Approximately 50 yards of Contrast Color in fingering/sock weight yarn
• One 16” circular needle, 3.0mm (US size 2.5) - OR size required to get gauge
• 3.0mm (US size 2.5) DPNs or a longer circular needle for Magic Loop method
• Stitch marker
• Darning needle for weaving ends in
• Blocking materials
Gauge: 30 stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches (10.15cm) in stranded pattern (blocked)
Finished measurements: 20” (50.8cm) in circumference around the fullest part of the hat, approximately 11.5” (29.21cm) from cast-on edge to crown (blocked)