Vintage Tool Chest , Vintage Machinists Chest , Vintage Toolbox , Steel Toolbox
This vintage tool box or machinists chest was manufactured sometime in the 1940's according to my research. The stamp on the top of the chest reads "Plomb Tool Co. Made in USA 9980". The Plomb Tool Company is an American industrial hand tool company credited with creating the first combination wrench. Plomb later became known as the Proto Tool Company which was eventually acquired by Ingersoll Rand. In 1984 it was acquired by Stanley and became Stanley Proto Industrial Tools.
The top of the chest opens and the front folds out for tool storage. It has a small divider tray on top and the bottom section has a divider as well. The orange/red paint finish is original and is overall in great shape, with very few blemishes and no rust. Hinges and handles are all in tact. Great industrial piece with historical significance for display or tool storage!
*****Vintage oil can pictured is not included but is available in a separate listing. The old gas can pictured is not for sale.
Dimensions: 22 1/4" L x 9" D x 6 3/4" H.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
The shipping charges reflected on each listing are
only an estimate. Shipping charges vary by item and
buyer location and are NOT included in the item price.
PLEASE CONTACT ME PRIOR TO PURCHASE
with your city and zip code so I can provide
you with shipping/delivery options and pricing.
Additional shipping options are available so be
sure to contact me PRIOR to purchase for the
best price! Payment in full, including any
applicable fees, is required prior to shipping / pick
up / delivery of an item. Any shipping overages will be
refunded through your original payment method.
* All shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer, however, I facilitate all packaging and shipping arrangements to ensure your item arrives timely and safely. All items are insured for the full purchase price against loss or damage. You will receive an Etsy notification including tracking number when your piece has shipped. If you have any questions pertaining to shipping cost and arrangements, please contact me PRIOR to purchase to discuss your requirements.
* Items less than 100 lbs. usually ship within 3 - 5 business days. Available options are Greyhound Package Express (GPX), USPS or FedEx Home Delivery.
GPX is generally the most cost effective option for large items up to 50 lbs. Items shipped via GPX require customer pick up at the nearest bus terminal. You will be notified by phone when your piece is available for pick up so please provide your phone number at checkout. If you are unable to pick up your package at the nearest terminal, please contact me PRIOR to purchase and I can provide you with a quote for FedEx Home Delivery.
• Items exceeding 100 lbs. usually ship within 5 - 7 business days via freight carrier. Please contact me PRIOR to purchase with your zip code and I will obtain shipping quotes from several carriers in order to find the most cost effective and safest means for transporting your item. Additional packaging is required when shipping very large items so please allow for extra processing time while I prepare your order for shipment.
* I refund shipping overages through your original payment method. Please contact me PRIOR to purchase with your zip code so I can provide you with an accurate shipping quote. If you purchase an item without a quote for your exact location, I refund shipping overages as soon as your item ships.
*****LOCAL PICK-UP / DELIVERY*****
* You may pick up your purchase at my shop in Plymouth Pennsylvania 18651. Please allow 3 - 5 days from date of purchase so I can ready your piece for its new home!
* I offer FREE delivery on most items within 25 miles of Plymouth PA 18651.
* I offer FREE delivery to the Philadelphia area. With this option, the customer must pick up their item in Springfield Pennsylvania 19064. Orders are transported on a bi-monthly basis so there may be a delay in receipt of your item, depending on purchase date. Please contact me PRIOR to purchase to discuss specifics and available transport dates.
* Delivery on large pieces within 100 miles of Plymouth Pennsylvania 18651 ranges from $75 to $300. Please contact me PRIOR to purchase with your zip code for pricing and estimated delivery date.
* Delivery options over 100 miles of Plymouth Pennsylvania 18651 are also available. Please contact me PRIOR to purchase with your zip code for pricing and estimated delivery date.
***** HOME DELIVERY AND WHAT TO EXPECT *****
* Once you have placed your order and payment has been received, I will contact you through Etsy within 48 hours to discuss and/or confirm delivery arrangements. Please allow 3 - 5 business days as I prepare your piece for transport.
* You can expect a final delivery confirmation message through Etsy 24 hours prior to your scheduled delivery date and time. Please provide a contact number where you can be reached in the event of an emergency of any sort on delivery day.
* I do require a delivery confirmation signature so please be sure someone will be present to inspect and accept delivery of your piece on the scheduled day.
* Delivery is generally curbside, however, I do not charge any additional fees for inside delivery and set up. I would never leave your item unattended, whether it be on the curb or elsewhere. Please indicate your preference when scheduling your delivery so I can plan accordingly.
* IMPORTANT: If there are any special considerations, such as flights of stairs, elevator accessibility, parking availability, special building codes or restrictions pertaining to deliveries, etc. please inform me when scheduling your delivery. It makes delivery day a much smoother process if everyone knows ahead of time what to expect.
* I make every effort to schedule deliveries for days when I am certain to have a copilot available to assist me with your delivery. This is not always feasible and can result in a delay in how quickly you receive your item. If you could enlist a helper on your end, it would be very much appreciated and it would allow me to schedule your delivery sooner and in turn, you receive your item sooner!
***** THE WEATHER FORECAST & YOUR DELIVERY *****
* Since we cannot control the weather, I generally do not concern myself with minute to minute forecasts, radar tracking or weather related text notifications. EXCEPT when I am scheduling your piece for delivery, in which case, I resort to tracking the weather forecast via any means possible for the most current and most accurate conditions.
Personal home deliveries are strictly WEATHER PERMITTING unless your piece can fit comfortably in the back seat of my pick up truck. While I do package all pieces securely to ensure safe transport, it is not sensible for me to arrange delivery on a day with precipitation in the forecast. I work very hard on each piece I restore and I am not happy unless you are 100% satisfied with your item. It is simply too risky and too stressful to transport your purchase in inclement weather. Getting caught in a snow squall or passing thunderstorm can reek havoc no matter how much stretch wrap is involved.
If the weather forecast involves precipitation of any kind, I will most likely ask to reschedule delivery. I understand this can be an inconvenience and a disappointment but please know it is simply not sensible to risk any damage to your new purchase due to bad weather. No matter how securely I package an item, damage can still occur should I encounter inclement weather in transit.
***** ONE FINAL THOUGHT *****
* I sincerely appreciate your business and I aim to make your purchase and delivery as stress free as possible. BUT....things can happen that are often out of our control. I have encountered traffic related detours, inexplicable detours (meant to trick me and get my GPS confused), flat tires and car fires while en route to a delivery and let's face it, NO ONE likes to be kept waiting. If I am behind schedule for any reason en route, I will notify you as soon as I can safely call or text. If you call or text me while I am en route and I do not respond immediately, please do not panic. It simply means I am driving and I will respond when I can safely return your message.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding shipping, delivery or pick up arrangements and I would be more than happy to help!
TheRusticRiver accepts PayPal, Etsy Gift Cards & Direct Checkout.
Returns & exchanges
****SHIPPING RELATED DAMAGES****
In the event of shipping related damages, please contact me within 3 business days of receipt of your item and include photographic documentation of the damage, including exterior packaging. Photographic documentation is required for claim filing purposes and must be provided before a refund can be issued. Please retain all original packaging as this is also necessary for claim resolution.
Procedures differ from carrier to carrier so please review your shipping notification for specifics pertaining to shipping related loss or damage.
Situations involving damaged items are handled on a case by case basis. Vintage, antique or "one of a kind" items are difficult to replace or reproduce, however, I will do everything in my power to rectify any issue to your satisfaction. Please contact me as soon as possible and we can work together to resolve any problem.
****REFUNDS & EXCHANGES****
Refunds and exchanges for any reason other than shipping related damage require return of the item within 30 days of receipt. Refunds can only be issued once the item has been returned in its original condition and packaging. Return shipping arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the buyer. Original shipping charges are non refundable.
****ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST****
I strive to do my very best on each piece I transform and to provide you with outstanding service before and after your purchase. I want you to absolutely love your new item! If you are not 100% satisfied with your new piece, please contact me detailing the issue and rest assured, I will work with you to resolve the matter to your satisfaction!
****CUSTOM ORDERS & SPECIAL REQUESTS****
* Custom orders:
If you have an existing piece you would like updated or if you are looking for a particular item to have customized to fit your decor, please contact me to discuss arrangements and pricing.
Once your requirements have been discussed, I will provide you with a price and estimated turnaround time for completion of your piece. I will keep you informed on the status of your order and send photographs as work progresses on your piece to ensure you are pleased with the results. I will send detailed photographs of the final product for your review and upon approval, I will create the custom listing. You will then receive an Etsy notification informing you that your custom order is available for purchase.
Custom orders are handled on an individual basis as price and processing time will vary depending on the specific request.
* Special Requests:
If there is an item in my shop which is perfect for your decor but is the wrong color for your taste, please contact me, as I can repaint any item for a small fee (depending on the size of the item). Payment in full is required prior to repainting a piece and requires additional processing time to complete your order. I will keep you informed throughout the process and provide photographs of the progress for your approval. As the work on your piece nears completion, I will provide an estimated date for delivery or pick up of your piece.
Thank you for your interest in my shop! Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time with questions or concerns!! I would love to hear from you!
Thank you and have a great day!