Pirate softie sewing pattern, pirate plushie pattern, baby soft toy tutorial, baby safe pattern, stuffed animal pattern
This is a digital file
Meet Phil, a fun, cuddly and easy-to-sew pirate plushie.
This is a PDF sewing pattern to make a baby safe pirate stuffed toy.
Please note, this is a digital download, and you will not be receiving the finished toy or a kit to make it.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
• 19 pages of detailed photo step-by-step tutorial to get you through the process without hassle;
• 5 pages of full-size pattern pieces.
To open PDF files, you will need Adobe Reader, you can get it here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Pages have been designed to print well at Letter size and A4.
Phil was designed to be:
• Safe and fun for babies and toddlers - there are no easily detachable small parts, lots of extremities to chew on or catch and drag the toy around;
• Easy to sew;
• Easy to stuff - the sewn-in extremities and the stuffing opening in the back make stuffing a breeze;
• Durable - double stitched seams, extremities are sewn in and stuffing will not move;
• Well finished – no raw edges or exposed seams;
• Machine washable;
• Affordable - fleece and polyester fiberfill are easy to find and affordable.
FINISHED TOY MEASUREMENTS:
Body size: 8 inch (21 cm) wide, 6 1/2 inch (16 cm) tall;
Total size including extremities: 12 inch (31 cm) wide, 10 inch (25 cm) tall.
DIFFICULTY AND SKILL LEVEL
Difficulty: Beginner, you will need to be confident in using your sewing machine.
Skills used: straight seam, curved seam, sewing thick fabrics, faced machine applique, hand sewing - backstitch, ladder stitch.
• Fleece, 1/3 yard (30 cm);
• Scrap of ivory cotton;
• Scraps of black cotton;
• Lightweight interfacing;
• Embroidery thread;
• Polyester fiberfill stuffing, 11 ounces (300 gram);
• All purpose thread.
• Sewing machine, sewing machine needle – size 14/90;
• Hand sewing needles;
• Fabric scissors, embroidery scissors, paper scissors;
• Turning and stuffing tool - chopstick / paint brush / hemostats;
• Tape or glue;
• Freezer paper (optional), pencil (optional).
All rights reserved. It is illegal to distribute, sell, or give away this pattern electronically or in hard copy.
You can sell items made from this pattern as long as they are made by hand, one at a time, by the individual who bought the pattern. Items cannot be mass produced.
ABOUT ME AND THE TOYS
I strive to create easy-to-sew, fun and durable toys that can stay with your kids for years, or be great baby gifts.
Soft toy making is such amazing fun, I am grateful that I have discovered that almost by accident several years ago, and I am extremely happy that I have the chance to share that journey with you.
Enjoy, learn, and do get in touch if you have any questions, ideas or comments!
You might also like
More from this seller
Accepted payment methods:
- credit cards through PayPal's Guest Checkout feature.
You do nott have to be registered with PayPal to pay through PayPal's Guest Checkout.
When you purchase from my shop, I do not proceed the payment. Payments and credit card information are handled by PayPal.
If you are new to Etsy, you might find these guides helpful:
Purchasing an Item: https://www.etsy.com/help/article/339
Purchasing with a Credit Card through PayPal: