Excellent lapidary/jewelry project. Great for cabochons.
Free domestic shipping Ships USPS 1st class International rates apply outside the U.S. Ships USPS priority mail
Dimension: 120 x 60 mm Thickness: 6.5 mm
Mmeasurements are approximate Some items may be shown wet Some items photographed are held up to the sun Other items depicted in images are for reference or display only and not included with purchase.
The Indian Blanket Jasper is really an ash flow. Sometimes it looks like a chert, sometimes an agate, and sometimes an opalite. Most of it cuts and polishes well and it has become popular with local jewelry artists. Not to be confused with the Indian Paint, or Navajo Blanket stone that comes from Death Valley, Calif., true Indian Blanket comes from Holt canyon near the town of Enterprise, Utah.
This Jasper gets it’s name from the beautiful colors and patterns it shares with some Native American fabrics. The colors are usually nice earthy tones of red, gold, brown, black, beige, or purple. The different shades in high quality Indian Blanket jasper are unique and striking in both color and pattern. Enterprise, Utah is the only known source for this stone; making it somewhat rare.
As with all stones, natural fissures can be present. These fissures should be inspected prior to cutting, trimming, and shaping. Stabilizing fissures with clear Opiticon jewelers epoxy may be considered.
Jasper is sometimes called the nurturing stone for its nurturing and protective energies. An elemental Earth stone, Jasper’s frequency is slow and constant, aligned with the electromagnetic energies of the planet. It enables one to be more present in the physical body and conscious of Nature and one’s surroundings. It encourages one to celebrate moments of isolation to absorb, reflect, and connect with these energies and enkindles an awareness of the spiritual connection we hold with all living things.
(Note that the above characteristics are spiritual supports to healing and are not prescriptions or healthcare information)
• Shipments to the United States will be sent through USPS Priority Mail
• International shipments will normally go through USPS First Class international Packaging unless USPS Priority International mail is specified when ordered.
• Additional Insurance will normally not be included unless requested.
• When a package is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country which is the responsibility of the buyer not the seller.
NOTE: Due to the inability to insure or track items, international buyers assume all responsibility for lost and/or damaged goods.
• Shipments may be combined if they will fit in the same package. This will be calculated based on the calculated rate provided through Etsy.
• We will make every effort to ship your product within 24 hours but will be no more than 3 business days.
• All packages will include padding to ensure protection to your purchased item.
We accept major Credit Cards, Paypal, and Etsy's Gift Card.
Returns & exchanges
Refunds & Exchanges: If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, please let us know immediately. The item may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of receipt of purchase. The item must be in its original condition. Please do not return an item without contacting us first. Shipping fees are nonrefundable. Any Return shipping cost is paid for by the buyer.
We can cut any rock into smaller pieces. We can also make cabochons for you. Just ask!