- Question? Contact the seller
**** Ship from Thailand. NOT ship to California and Australia. ****
--- IT IS BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK WITH HIS/HER CUSTOMS IF THE IMPORTATION OF THESE SEEDS IS ALLOWED. HERBS4HEALTH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN CASE OF INTERCEPT OR DESTROY BY CUSTOMS. NO EXCEPTION. ---
****PLEASE read Shipping and Refund Policies before completing your purchase especially if you are located in California and Australia.****
- Giant Winged bean - purple and green
- Regular size Winged bean - purple and green
The giant variety produces about a foot long pods!
The winged bean (Psophocarpus tetragonolobus), also known as Princess Bean, Goa bean, four-angled bean, four-cornered bean, Manila bean, Mauritius bean, and Asparagus pea, is a tropical legume plant native to New Guinea.
It grows abundantly in hot, humid equatorial countries, from the Philippines and Indonesia to India, Burma, Malaysia, Thailand and Sri Lanka. It is widely known, yet grown on a small scale in Southeast Asia and Papua New Guinea. Winged bean is well-recognized by farmers and consumers in the Asian region for its variety of uses and disease tolerance. Winged bean is nutrient-rich, and all parts of the plant are edible. Leaves can be eaten like spinach, flowers can be used in salads, tubers can be eaten raw or cooked, seeds can be used in similar ways as the soybean. The winged bean is an underutilized species but has the potential to become a major multi-use food crop in the tropics of Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The winged bean is a species that belongs to the genus Psophocarpus, a genus of 6-9 varying species. Species in the Psophocarpus genus are perennial herbs grown as annuals, capable of climbing by twining their stems around a support, and have tuberous roots and pods with wings.
One of the advantages of the winged bean is its ability to produce food from many different parts of the plant.
Pods: Can be eaten unripe as a crunchy vegetable, cooked or raw. It is my favorite vegetable! Sauteed winged bean with salty fish sauce or soy sauce. Simple but incredibly tasty!
Seeds: Require cooking for 2–3 hours to destroy trypsin inhibitors and hemagglutinins that inhibit digestion. Seeds can be roasted like peanuts and have nutrient value comparative to soy beans. Average about 35% protein and 17% oil.
Roots: Can be eaten raw or cooked. Tubers are high in protein and nutrient rich. Tuberous roots have 20% protein, which is much higher than other edible roots.
Leaves and Flowers: Can be eaten raw or cooked. Flowers and leaves also have a high protein content at 10-15%
You will receive the seeds in a small labelled press-to-lock bag for your convenience. Please choose your preference on planting guide.
Planting guide options:
- No, thanks = You do not want or need it.
- Email, please = You prefer to receive it by email once the seeds are ship. (You will get to see it on the very same day your order is post.)
- Print, please = You prefer colored paper print be shipped with the seeds.
****PLEASE READ SHIPPING AND REFUND POLICIES BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE. BUYING THIS ITEM IMPLIES THAT YOU READ AND ACCEPT SHOP POLICIES: www.etsy.com/shop/Herbs4Health#policies ****
Shipping cost stated INCLUDES tracking number. If you do not want tracking number for your order, please leave a message for the refund of the tracking number fee ($2.50) on the “note to seller” during checkout. If you choose not to ship with tracking number, you are assuming all risks for your order during shipment including risk of loss, theft or non-delivery
Thank you for taking the time to read. Enjoy Shopping.
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
BUYERS PLEASE READ!
PURCHASING AN ITEM IMPLIES THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPT SHOP REFUND POLICIES.
As a courtesy to international customers wanting the most economical shipping available, I mostly utilize International Small Package shipping type by Thailand Post which may be officially opened at your Customs. Thus, glue and duct tape are not allowed to secure parcels but rope and staples for Customs' convenience.
AVERAGE TRANSIT DURATION
REGULAR AIR MAIL
United States: 14-21 business days
Canada: 21-30 days
Europe: 8-15 business days
Australia, New Zealand and Oceania: 14-21 business days
Asia Pacific: 8-15 business days
Latin America and the Caribbean: 21-30 business days
SURFACE AIR LIFT - A shipping type for free shipping orders except orders of seeds. Transit duration is about 3-4 weeks for most countries.
***Actual duration depends on situation on the time of shipment (uncontrollable factors i.e. weather and holidays), posts offices and the Customs office in each country. These time frames are when most parcels arrive. Shortest duration to US is 8 days (CA), longest is 2 months (ME).***
Free shipping does not come with free tracking number. The tracking number fee alone is $2.50. Should you qualified for free shipping, it is your consideration whether or not to pay for tracking number fee for the peace of your mind. I always refund the shipping fee you pay after deducting tracking number fee but leave the option of refunding the rest if you choose. Free shipping is with slow shipping type with transit duration of about 3-4 weeks to most countries.
TRACKING NUMBER & INSURANCE
All items are shipped with tracking number. I include tracking number in the Shipping Notification. However, once an item is shipped, it is out of my control. Therefore, I am unable to guarantee delivery or any delivery time frames. If you would like delivery guarantee and insurance, Expedited shipping is needed even though you are in no rush for receiving the item.
Buyers can choose to have their items shipped WITHOUT tracking number. Just leave a note to seller during checkout so I will refund the tracking fee of $2.50. However, if this shipping option is chosen, buyers are assuming all risks for their orders during shipment including risk of damage, loss, theft or non-delivery.
What I can control is the handling time. I ENCOURAGE BUYERS TO STICK TO REGISTERED SHIPPING FOR THE PEACE OF MIND. Once the order is shipped, it is out of sender control.
*** REFUND POLICIES ***
- Please check with your country's Customs office about restricted goods (like seeds) prior to buying. I am not responsible for any circumstance of seizures, intercepted, or penalties. NO EXCEPTION.
- I tend not to ship seeds to California and Australia due to 8% chance* of interception. If buyer accepts shop refund policies and insists on the shipment, it indicates that buyer is willing to assume all risks.
*From the record of over 400 orders of seeds shipped to CA since 2015.
There has never been any issue shipping seeds to elsewhere.
- I am not responsible for any delays of post service due to holidays or weather conditions and any damage or loss caused by a postal service. Note that some countries have very strict Customs and might hold packages for long (this is especially true for America) A package is not consider lost until it has been 8 weeks.
- Because it is out of sender's control once a package is shipped, if you would like to insure your package to guarantee delivery, please contact me for expedited shipping.
- I cannot take responsibility for any custom taxes in your country.
- I cannot be held responsible for orders placed with an incorrect shipping address. Please do not forget to CONFIRM your shipping address during Checkout. I double check your address on both Etsy and PayPal (or credit card). When the address not shown exactly the same, I write buyer for clarification.
- In a rare case that your package is returned to me due to the wrong shipping address or other shipping complications, you must pay the shipping again. We can avoid this by giving me your PHONE NUMBER to include in your address so the mail carrier can call you if there is any problem. If not, I reserve the rights to keep your item WITHOUT any refund. (I will not use your phone number for other purpose.)
- It is buyer’s responsibility to contact local post office within the given time frame if a notice is left from the attempt to deliver the order. Refund WILL NOT be given if buyer fails to request a re-delivery or a pick up and the order is returned to me after max hold time expires. NO EXCEPTION.
- I contact buyers if their parcels are returned to me. If buyers want their "returned to sender" orders reship, they are responsible for the reshipping expense. If they do not want to pay, I reserve the rights to keep the item(s) WITHOUT any refund. NO EXCEPTION.
- I take care in packaging your item so that it arrives to you in perfect condition. Full refund only if the item does not match the order. Buyer keeps the incorrect items and gets the refund and/or reship at my expense.
- All bulk and custom orders are final.
I accept all forms of payment. You can pay through Paypal with your credit or debit card even if you don't have a Paypal account. Simply choose payment options as "other" at Checkout.
Echeque is accepted, though this is a slower option as shipping waits until your check is cleared which is 3-5 days approx.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- I accept cancellation ONLY on orders not yet shipped. A 20% restocking fee is subjected for cancellation orders. BUYER MUST READ SHOP POLICY BEFORE PURCHASE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
WHOLESALE & CONSIGNMENT:
If you are interested in buying a large amount of a certain item, message me, l will see if I can.