Boulder Opal - Australian
Excellent lapidary/jewelry project.
Great for cabochons.
Free domestic shipping.
Ships USPS 1st class mail
International rates apply outside the U.S.A.
Ships International Priority mail.
Dimension: 70 x 70 mm
Thickness: 7 mm
Measurements are approximate
Some items may be shown wet
Some items photographed are held up to the sun
Other items depicted in images are for reference or display only and not included with purchase.
This slab can be used to make several gorgeous cabochons. The various browns and line patterns on this slab are picturesque and would be beautiful with or without the actual Opal line included.
Boulder Opal was first discovered in Queensland, Australia in 1872. Boulder Opal is created when silica gel seeps into rock fractures. When the Opal forms in a thin layer over ironstone, Boulder Opal is created. Boulder Opal is cut with its natural matrix as a backing making it very durable. It is the birthstone for the Zodiac sign Libra.
As with all stones, natural fissures can be present. These fissures should be inspected prior to cutting, trimming, and shaping. Stabilizing fissures with clear Opiticon jewelers epoxy may be considered.
Opal is a stone of lore and legend. This boulder opal is a healing stone, long associated with the eyes. It is also a stone extensively used in honoring several Goddesses. It is the traditional birthstone of those born in October. In Feng Shui it can be used to bring Wood elemental energy to a location in your home. Its soothing energy and brilliant colors make this a wonderful personal talisman for transformation efforts.
(Note that the above characteristics are spiritual supports to healing and are not prescriptions or healthcare information)
You might also like
More from this seller
Shipping & policies
This shop uses USPS for all shipments.
• Shipments to the United States will be sent through USPS Priority Mail
• International shipments will normally go through USPS First Class international Packaging unless USPS Priority International mail is specified when ordered.
• Additional Insurance will normally not be included unless requested.
• When a package is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country which is the responsibility of the buyer not the seller.
NOTE: Due to the inability to insure or track items, international buyers assume all responsibility for lost and/or damaged goods.
• Shipments may be combined if they will fit in the same package. This will be calculated based on the calculated rate provided through Etsy.
• We will make every effort to ship your product within 24 hours but will be no more than 3 business days.
• All packages will include padding to ensure protection to your purchased item.
We accept major Credit Cards, Paypal, and Etsy's Gift Card.
Returns & exchanges
Refunds & Exchanges: If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, please let us know immediately. The item may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of receipt of purchase. The item must be in its original condition. Please do not return an item without contacting us first. Shipping fees are nonrefundable. Any Return shipping cost is paid for by the buyer.
We can cut any rock into smaller pieces. We can also make cabochons for you. Just ask!