This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the crochet PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
Sedum is a lovely two-tone shawl with a striped body and delicate contrasting lace edging. Make it in the small size for a sweet kerchief or in one of the three larger sizes for a lovely elegant and warm cover-up.
This shawl is worked from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge. The instructions for the border of the shawl are provided both fully charted and written out.
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Techniques used consist of sl st, sc, hdc, dc and ch st. Because of this the pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
Size and finished measurements
This pattern includes 4 sizes: S (M, L, XL) with a wingspan of 126 (155, 200, 229) cm (50 (61, 79, 90) inch) and a depth of 60 (77, 100, 115) cm (24 (30, 39, 45) inch), measured after blocking.
- Worked flat back and forth.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl: 14 sts / 9 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over hdc, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size).
- Yarn: Yarn in DK weight in the following quantities: MC – Lilac: 275 (445, 760, 1025) m or 300 (485, 835, 1120) yds, CC – Blue / Petrol: 200 (275, 390, 490) m or 215 (305, 425, 535) yds. The sample was made in Ice Yarns Virgin Wool Deluxe (100% wool; 280 m (306 yds) / 100 g) in lilac and blue / petrol.
- Size 5.5 mm (US I/9) and size 6 mm (US J/10) crochet hooks were used for the sample shawl.
- Yarn needle
- 2 removable stitch markers (optional)
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.