This is a digital file
NOTE: This listing is for the crochet PATTERN in PDF format, NOT the finished product. You will require a .pdf reader program installed on your computer to access the file.
The Wedge shawl has a distinct asymmetrical shape, setting it apart from more traditional crochet shawls. Make a fast, large and cozy shawl in an aran weight yarn as described here, or make it a scarf in a fingering weight yarn. Because this shawl is worked in a single piece from the tip up, it can easily be made in any size you want.
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Techniques used consist of fdc, ch, sc and dc stitches. Because of this the pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.
Size and finished measurements
Wingspan of 193 cm (76 inch) measured along the longest edge and a depth of 105 cm (41 inch), measured after blocking.
- Worked flat back and forth.
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl: 10 sts and 5.3 rows = 10 cm / 4 inch in dc after wet blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie).
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size).
- Yarn: 550 m / 600 yds Garnstudio Drops Alaska (100% wool; 69 m (75 yds) / 50 g ) in #11 Red. Substitute for any wool aran weight yarn with a plied structure for a similar result.
- A size 6 mm (US J/10) crochet hook was used for the sample shawl.
- Yarn needle
When you have purchased a digital pattern you will receive an instant prompt for download of the file purchased. You should also receive an email with the link for download moments after payment has cleared. The email will automatically be sent to the address you have on file with Etsy. You can also check your purchases section on Etsy for the same download link.
Please feel free to contact me if you don't receive the pattern within 24 hours, or if you have any difficulties or questions.