Mineral Powder Pigments such as oxides, ultramarines and micas are cosmetic-grade. These pigments are mined from the earth (inorganic), processed and filtered to remove harmful impurities such as lead or mercury. They are approved for use in soap, mineral cosmetics and cosmetic bases.
Our range of oxides can be used alone or added to other colours to deepen the tone. Use these for tinting foundations, blushers, eyeshadows, eyeliners, lip colours and pretty much anything you can dream up. These pigments are essential to makeup formulators.
• Cosmetic Application Guidelines available on request/ available to download.
• Using scales is recommended for larger batches.
• Please do small test batches as some of the colours are unstable in cold process soap.
• We recommend dispersing the powders into a small amount of your base first, then add to the remaining product and stir well.
• It is a good idea to wear a mask, goggles/glasses and protective clothing/apron as working with volatile powders is messy. Make sure you work in a well-ventilated area.
INCI: Yellow iron oxide 42
Country of Origin: China
Average Particle Size: 0.1-0.8 micron
Solubility: These are natural colour additives which are insoluble (they will remain suspended within the product and will not dissolve) in the formulation or product to which they are added. Unlike some liquid colours, they will not bleed or fade.
Storage: Keep your powders in tightly sealed containers or pouches in a dry location protected from light.